Uber Is Rewarding On-Time Riders With Discounts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ride-share giant Uber is rewarding riders for being on time. On Monday morning, Uber emailed me with a discount on several rides just for being on time — up to $40 off 10 rides.
According to the offer, targeted Uber riders will get $4 off 10 rides for one week only. The terms and conditions state that the offer is valid only for riders who have been targeted, and the 10 rides must be completed within one week in order to get the discount.
Also according to the terms, the discount is valid only on UberX, UberPool, ExpressPool, UberWAV, UberAssist and UberEspañol rides. In addition, the rides must be completed in any of the following areas in order to get $4 off: San Francisco, Austin, New York City, New York City suburbs, upstate New York, Boston, Chicago, Washington, DC, Seattle, Los Angeles, Miami, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, San Diego, Atlanta, Denver, Dallas, Orange County, Baltimore, Portland, Sacramento, Nashville, New Jersey, Connecticut, Detroit, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Tampa, Charlotte, Orlando or Houston.
We reached out to Uber to see if this is a new promotion or if it’s been around for a while, but have yet to hear back.
As for why I was targeted, I’m usually an on-time rider. I try to be outside or waiting by my door and in the car within one minute of the ride arriving. It’s unclear how exactly Uber is targeting riders and what it considers as being on time.
This is the latest move we’ve seen from Uber trying to win loyalty from its riders back after a tumultuous 2017.
Have you been targeted for the Uber on-time discount?
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees