TSA Has an App to Help Skirt Security Wait Times
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Attention world travelers: Stop what you’re doing and download TSA’s MyTSA app.
The Transportation Security Administration is offering, for once, a service to ease travelers’ woes. We’ve all heard the horror stories of people missing flights because of exceedingly long security lines or getting randomly selected for a security screening, but with the MyTSA app, those are problems of the past — or so we hope.
The app was originally released in July 2010, but the wait times were crowdsourced. With a new feature that debuted in the summer of 2017, MyTSA provides passengers with 24/7 access to airport security information. It includes helpful tips and hints for preparing for security including a searchable database of what you can and cannot bring in your carry-on.
Through the app, you can also:
- See security checkpoint times reported by travelers
- Check airport or weather delays that may affect your flight
- Report your own security checkpoint wait times to help other travelers in your area
- Discover which airports support TSA PreCheck and learn how to sign up
- Check how historically busy an airport will be on your specific day and time of travel
- Request live assistance from TSA through the AskTSA direct message feature
The app is available for free download on the app store for iOS and Android phones.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees