This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Attention world travelers: Stop what you’re doing and download TSA’s MyTSA app.
The Transportation Security Administration is offering, for once, a service to ease travelers’ woes. We’ve all heard the horror stories of people missing flights because of exceedingly long security lines or getting randomly selected for a security screening, but with the MyTSA app, those are problems of the past — or so we hope.
The app was originally released in July 2010, but the wait times were crowdsourced. With a new feature that debuted in the summer of 2017, MyTSA provides passengers with 24/7 access to airport security information. It includes helpful tips and hints for preparing for security including a searchable database of what you can and cannot bring in your carry-on.
Through the app, you can also:
- See security checkpoint times reported by travelers
- Check airport or weather delays that may affect your flight
- Report your own security checkpoint wait times to help other travelers in your area
- Discover which airports support TSA PreCheck and learn how to sign up
- Check how historically busy an airport will be on your specific day and time of travel
- Request live assistance from TSA through the AskTSA direct message feature
The app is available for free download on the app store for iOS and Android phones.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards