These Airports and Stadiums Offer CLEAR Identity Verification
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
CLEAR is a secure identity platform that uses biometrics to expedite the process of getting through security at airports and stadiums. At airports with CLEAR, you’ll queue in separate lane at a CLEAR kiosk to verify your identity through a fingerprint or iris scan. Once verified, a CLEAR representative will walk you to the front of the queue for either the regular screening line or the PreCheck line, if you’re also enrolled in that program. Then you’ll proceed through security screening as usual.
If you already have TSA PreCheck, you might be satisfied with the wait times you normally experience. But, as TPG‘s Nick Ellis and Summer Hull have experienced, CLEAR can provide additional value alongside TSA PreCheck if you want to minimize your wait time at security check points. TPG has a full guide covering CLEAR, but today we’re focusing on where you can use a CLEAR membership.
Airports With CLEAR
Here are the airports and terminals currently offering CLEAR, as well as the hours CLEAR operates in each location.
- Atlanta, GA (ATL)
- Domestic Terminal South: PreCheck 5am – 9pm, standard security 4am – 8pm
- Austin, TX (AUS)
- Checkpoint 1: 4am – 9pm
- Checkpoint 2: 4am – 7:15pm
- Baltimore, MD (BWI)
- Checkpoint A: 4am – 7:30pm
- Checkpoints B, C and D/E: 4am – 9pm
- Boston, MA (BOS)
- Terminal A: 3:30am-9:30pm
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, KY (CVG)
- Main Terminal: 3:45am-8:30pm
- Cleveland, OH (CLE)
- Center Terminal for PreCheck: 4:15am – 8:15pm
- South Terminal for standard security: 4:15am – 8:15pm
- Dallas – Love Field, TX (DAL)
- Terminal 1: 4:15am – 9pm
- Dallas – Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
- Terminal E (E16 Checkpoint): 4am – 7pm
- Denver, CO (DEN)
- North: 4:30am – 8:45pm
- South: 4:30am – 10pm
- Detroit, MI (DTW)
- McNamara Terminal: PreCheck 4:15am – 9:15pm, standard security 4:30am – 8:15pm
- North Terminal: PreCheck 4:15am – 7:30pm, 4:15am – 8:15pm
- Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
- Terminal 1: 4am – 7:30pm
- Terminal 2: PreCheck 4am – 6pm, standard security 4am – 8pm
- Houston – Hobby, TX (HOU)
- Main Terminal: 4am – 8pm
- Houston – George Bush Intercontinental, TX (IAH)
- Terminal A North: 4am – 6:30pm
- Terminal A South: 4am – 8pm on Saturday, 4:am – 10pm other days
- Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
- Terminal 1 C/D Gates Checkpoint, Terminal 1 C Gates Annex Checkpoint and Terminal 3 D/E Gates Checkpoint: 4am – 10pm
- Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
- Terminal 1: PreCheck 4am – 8:30pm, standard security 4am – 11pm
- Terminals 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7: 4am – 11pm
- Miami, FL (MIA)
- Checkpoint E: 4am – 9pm
- Checkpoint H: 4am – 8pm
- Minneapolis, MN (MSP)
- Terminal 1 North Checkpoint: 4am – 9:30pm
- Terminal 1 South Checkpoint: 4am – 7:15pm
- New Orleans, LA (MSY)
- Concourse D: 4am – 8pm
- New York – La Guardia, NY (LGA)
- Terminal C: PreCheck 4:30am – 7:30pm, standard security 4:30am – 10pm
- Terminal D: 4:30am – 10pm
- New York – JFK, NY (JFK)
- Terminal 2: 5am – 9pm
- Terminal 4: PreCheck 4am – 8:30pm, standard security always open
- Orlando, FL (MCO)
- East Security (Gates 70-129) and West Security (Gates 1-59): 4am – 9pm
- Phoenix, AZ (PHX)
- Terminals 2 and 3: 4am – 8pm
- Terminal 4 Checkpoints A and C: 4am – 10pm
- Terminal 4 Checkpoints B and D: 4am – 8pm
- Salt Lake City, UT (SLC)
- Terminals 1 and 2: 4am – 9pm
- San Antonio, TX (SAT)
- Terminal A: 4am – 9pm
- Terminal B: 4am – 8pm
- San Francisco, CA (SFO)
- Terminal 1 Checkpoints B and C: 4am – 10pm
- Terminal 2: 4am – 11pm
- Terminal 3 Checkpoint F1 (Gates 60-69): 4am – 12am
- Terminal 3 Checkpoint F3 (Gates 72-75): 5am – 5pm
- International Terminal A: 4am – 12am
- International Terminal G: 5am – 10pm
- San Jose, CA (SJC)
- Terminals A and B: 4:30am – 10pm
- Seattle, WA (SEA)
- Checkpoint 1 for PreCheck: 4am – 4pm
- Checkpoints 2 (adjacent to Concourse A) and 3 for standard security: 4am – 10pm
- Checkpoint 4 for PreCheck: 4am-10pm
- Checkpoint 5: PreCheck 4am – 9pm, standard security 9am – 9pm
- Washington – Reagan National, DC (DCA)
- Terminals A (Gates 1-10) and Terminal B South Checkpoint (Gates 10-22): 4am – 8pm
- Terminal B/C Center Checkpoint (Gates 23-34) and Terminal C North Checkpoint (Gates 35-45): 4am – 10pm
- Washington – Dulles, DC (IAD)
- Main Terminal Ticketing Level: 4am – 10pm
- White Plains, NY (HPN)
- Main Terminal: 5am – 12pm Monday – Friday
You can also enroll in CLEAR at these airports. Enrollment hours may be limited though, so check the CLEAR website first.
Stadiums With CLEAR
If you are a CLEAR or CLEAR Sports member, you can use the CLEAR lane for expedited entry at participating stadiums. Although CLEAR memberships have an annual fee, CLEAR Sports is a free membership for use solely at sports stadiums. You can enroll in CLEAR or CLEAR Sports at participating stadiums before eligible games or events.
The following stadiums currently offer CLEAR Lanes for some events:
- Atlanta, GA — SunTrust Park
- Chop House Gate: 2 hours before game time Monday – Saturday, 1.5 hours before on Sunday
- Third Base Gate: 2 hours before game time Friday and Saturday, 1.5 hours before on other days
- Denver, CO — Coors Field
- Gate C: 1.5 hours before game time
- Gate D: 40 minutes before game time
- Detroit, MI — Comerica Park
- Gate A: 1.5 hours before game time
- Los Angeles, CA — Banc of California Stadium
- Northwest Plaza and Northeast Gate: 1.5 hours before game time
- Miami, FL — AmericanAirlines Arena
- Gate 1 and Gate 2: 1.5 hours before game time
- Miami, FL — Marlins Park
- Home Plate Entrance: 1.5 hours before game time
- Dex Diamond Club: 2 hours before game time
- New York, NY — Madison Square Garden
- 7th Ave South Entrance: 1 hour before events
- New York, NY — Citi Field
- Jackie Robinson Rotunda and Seaver Gate: 2 hours before game time
- New York, NY — Yankee Stadium
- Gate 2, Gate 6 and Suite Entrance: 1.5 hours before game time
- Oakland, CA — Oakland Coliseum
- Gates C and D: 1.5 hours before game time
- San Francisco, CA — Oracle Park
- Willie Mays Gate: 2 hours before game time
- San Jose, CA — Avaya Stadium
- Main Gate: 2 hours before game time
- Seattle, WA — CenturyLink Field
- North Plaza and Southwest Entrance: 2 hours before game time
- CLEAR Concession Lanes available in some sections for some vendors
- Seattle, WA — T-Mobile Park
- Home Plate Enterance and Left Field Enterance: 2 hours before game time
- CLEAR Concessions available at The Pen (Ballard Pizza & Longbar)
Depending on how many trips you take each year, whether CLEAR is offered at many of the airports you use, how long security lines tend to be at these airports and how highly you value your time, CLEAR may be a good investment for you. A CLEAR membership normally costs $179 per year, but you can pay $149 for your first year with promo code TPG149. Alternatively, you can try out CLEAR with a free two-month trial by using promo code TPG2M. Delta SkyMiles members and some Delta co-branded credit card holders can get substantially discounted rates as well, which are described in TPG‘s full guide to CLEAR.
Ready to enroll in CLEAR? Use code TPG2M to get a 2 month free trial.
Featured photo courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees