Hyatt Is Retroactively Counting 2017 Free Nights Toward Elite Status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Hyatt is delivering good news to some of its World of Hyatt members. In December, the hotel chain announced that beginning January 1, 2018, all free night awards will count toward elite status. Now, World of Hyatt is emailing some members informing them that award nights from 2017 are retroactively being counted toward elite status.
As reported by Pizza in Motion, Hyatt is sending out the following email to some members. In part, it says:
“We understand every night matters. That’s why we recently announced nights on free night awards will now count as tier-qualifying nights. Plus, they will count toward achieving more rewards when you complete 70, 80, 90 or 100 qualifying nights in a calendar year.
In appreciation of your loyalty, your nights on free night awards in 2017 will count toward more rewards. With your free night award nights and your other eligible nights in 2017, we’re excited to provide you 2 rewards — each providing you a choice of a suite upgrade award or 10,000 Bonus Points. You will soon receive an email to choose you rewards.”
According to View From the Wing, Hyatt said that the only members who were notified were those whose 2017 free night award activity resulted in maintaining elite status for another year, or those eligible to upgrade to Discoverist, Explorist or Globalist through February 2019. In addition, Hyatt said that members were notified if their free night award activity resulted in getting a suite upgrade or 10,000 bonus points for reaching the necessary night threshold.
If you think that you were close and should have been emailed to receive this retroactive free night offer, let Hyatt know. Some World of Hyatt members have reported that their free night award activity would have qualified them for elite status, but didn’t receive the email.
Featured image of the Park Hyatt Maldives.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees