7 Celebrities You Might Spot While Flying Commercial
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you think Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are the only world-famous celebrities opting for an airline seat in coach when they fly, you’re clearly mistaken. From royals to politicians to actors, these famous faces decided to ditch their private jet suites and first-class seats for a spot in the back.
1. Prince William
Prince William might be the Duke of Cambridge, but like his brother, he doesn’t mind dallying in coach. In 2014, the prince flew economy twice on domestic US flights, from New York to Washington DC and from Memphis to Dallas. While not in coach, his better half Kate Middleton was spotted flying commercial from London to the Netherlands on her first solo trip abroad in 2016. It’s clear that the Royal Family makes time for budget-friendly flying when needed.
2. Brad and Angelina
The former A-list couple took many commercial flyers by surprise when they flew economy class on an Air France flight from Paris to Nice back in 2015. According to Vanity Fair, there’s no specific reason why the family chose to fly coach from the French capital to the Riviera resort.
3. Bernie Sanders
The Vermont senator spent the first half of his presidential campaign flying coach. In fact, Sanders is no stranger to the middle seat in economy. Behold the infamous social media selfies of the politician tagged #SandersOnAPlane.
— Curt Owens (@CurtOwens) December 22, 2015
4. Mitt Romney
The 2012 Republican presidential nominee was frequently spotted flying coach. He’s even been pictured in the infamous middle seat, with an exit row thrown in from time to time. Sadly, privacy doesn’t seem to matter much to those who spot Romney.
Mitt Romney is a mouth breather, based on this creepy picture my sister just sent me from her plane. pic.twitter.com/4e5uxJuAZx
— McKalyn Danner (@mckalyn) May 27, 2014
5. Paris Hilton
Yes, this might come as a surprise but Paris Hilton is also a commercial flyer. After several years of flying private, Paris told The Mirror: “I fly commercial as well. Whatever it takes to get where you’re going. I don’t mind going commercial … I’m normal.”
Lol Paris Hilton is on my flight rn pic.twitter.com/jUqaaaOGAK
— Taylor (@Taytayjoogswag) December 23, 2014
6. Jessica Alba
Jessica Alba is an avid commercial flyer. Back in 2012, Alba was spotted flying economy class from Los Angeles to New York. According to Perez Hilton, the actress reportedly flew in the coach section while putting her kids up in first class.
7. Nicholas Cage
In 2016, an Okanagan couple spotted Nicolas Cage on their flight from Vancouver to Kelowna. According to Global News, the pair were looking for someone to switch seats with when they spotted Cage wearing a large black fedora, black sunglasses and tan coat. Although the actor was traveling on the DL, the inflight run-in ended with a nice selfie with Cage.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees