Airbnb Launches New Partial Payment Feature
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbnb launched its Pay Less Up Front feature today, which allows guests to split payment into two installments: a partial deposit (usually 50%) up-front, and the remainder of the balance at a later date.
Pay Less Up Front is available on both mobile and desktop, for all bookings that meet the following requirements:
- The total stay must cost $250 or more
- The trip has to be booked at least 14 days before the check-in date
Airbnb will notify guests three days before auto-charging the card on file for the second payment.
To celebrate the new feature launch, Airbnb will offer a significant travel coupon to one lucky guest who books a trip using Pay Less Up Front. The sweepstakes starts on January 30, “National Plan for Vacation Day.” (Check Airbnb’s Newsroom closer to the date for details.)
This new feature seems to be part of a larger push from Airbnb to maximize bookings as well as revenue. Just last November, Airbnb launched the ability to split payments between multiple guests in response to overwhelming customer demand.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.