Centurion Lounges Are Giving Travelers the Gift of… Underwear?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express’ Centurion Lounges are handing out more gifts to travelers this holiday season. Passengers (including TPG himself) have reported receiving gender-specific Birchbox kits for travelers coming through the doors of lounges across its network.
TPG received the Birchbox undies in Philadelphia (PHL), and a Reddit user reported receiving them at the Miami (MIA) location. The package also comes with artisanal soap, perfume, facial scrum, body wash and other toiletries.
Amex briefed TPG on the situation, noting that lounge goers should expect to see a variety of holiday surprises when visiting the lounge network’s locations. But the gifts won’t last long — gifts will only be given out through December 23.
“American Express is encouraging holiday cheer throughout the Centurion Lounge network with various surprise and delights for Card Members at different Lounge locations,” the issuer said. “This includes everything from fun gifts, hot chocolate, make your own gingerbread cookies, holiday cocktails by lounge mixologist Jim Meehan, photo booths and more, and will continue to bring cheer to Card Members at various locations through December 23.”
If you want to get one of the Centurion gifts this season, be sure to head to a lounge by Saturday. As a reminder, in order to get access to the Centurion Lounge network, you must be a cardholder of the Platinum Card from American Express, the Centurion Card or either of their business versions.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,000 properties. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees