What Do You Do With Your Hotel Key Cards? TPG Readers Weigh In
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Let’s face it, a hotel stay is basically a chance to collect things, whether it be sanctioned (mini-toiletry bottles) or not (bathrobes, tsk-tsk). But what about the hotel key cards themselves? As members of the TPG Lounge have shown, those seemingly unassuming rectangular squares can be primo souvenirs in their own right.
Shuting Shao has been collecting different hotel key cards for four years running, resulting in a hefty, colorful collection.
Peter Acker gets creative with some of his key cards, turning them into refrigerator magnets.
Caitlin Rose Anderson has arranged all her key cards by hotel brand, creating a mosaic-like grid.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.