This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Let’s face it, a hotel stay is basically a chance to collect things, whether it be sanctioned (mini-toiletry bottles) or not (bathrobes, tsk-tsk). But what about the hotel key cards themselves? As members of the TPG Lounge have shown, those seemingly unassuming rectangular squares can be primo souvenirs in their own right.
Shuting Shao has been collecting different hotel key cards for four years running, resulting in a hefty, colorful collection.
Peter Acker gets creative with some of his key cards, turning them into refrigerator magnets.
Caitlin Rose Anderson has arranged all her key cards by hotel brand, creating a mosaic-like grid.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards