What Do You Do With Your Hotel Key Cards? TPG Readers Weigh In
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Let’s face it, a hotel stay is basically a chance to collect things, whether it be sanctioned (mini-toiletry bottles) or not (bathrobes, tsk-tsk). But what about the hotel key cards themselves? As members of the TPG Lounge have shown, those seemingly unassuming rectangular squares can be primo souvenirs in their own right.
Shuting Shao has been collecting different hotel key cards for four years running, resulting in a hefty, colorful collection.
Peter Acker gets creative with some of his key cards, turning them into refrigerator magnets.
Caitlin Rose Anderson has arranged all her key cards by hotel brand, creating a mosaic-like grid.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.