First Bangkok Michelin Guide Awards Stars to 3 Restaurants
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The first Michelin Guide for Bangkok has arrived with three restaurants receiving two stars and another 14 being awarded two stars each. In the top-three are Gaggan, Le Normandie in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Mezzaluna atop the Lebua Hotel. There were no restaurants granted the highest level of three stars.
The restaurants that received one star are Bo.Lan, Chim by Siam Wisdom, Elements, Ginza Sushi Ichi, J’aime by Jean-Michel Lorain, L’atelier de Joel Rubuchon, Nahm, Paste, Saneh Jaan, Savelberg, Sra Bua by Kiin Kiin, Suhring, Upstairs at Mikkeller and Jay Fai.
The latter is of particularly note because it is categorized as “street food,” a street-side stall with an open kitchen noted for its curries. The guide also gave Bib Gourmand awards to an additional 35 restaurants that offered good quality fare for the money.
“We are proud to launch this first selection of the Michelin Guide dedicated to Bangkok, highlighting the richness of the city’s gastronomy,” said Michael Ellis, International Director for the guides.
One Michelin star means worthy of a stop, two stars means worthy of a detour and three stars mean worthy of a special journey.
“The Michelin Guide elevates everything in one day,” Chef Gaggan Anand said to CNN regarding his eponymous restaurant. “It changes Bangkok from the street food capital to the gourmet capital of the world.”
Featured image by seksan Mongkhonkhamsao via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees