Emirates to Eliminate First Class Cabin on Fort Lauderdale Route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates is currently working on updating and reconfiguring a small sub-fleet of 10 Boeing 777-200LR aircraft which it operates on very few routes, including Dubai (DXB) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL). As part of the reconfiguration, these aircraft will lose the first-class cabin as well as the middle seat in business class.
Per One Mile at a Time, the first city to be served by the refreshed 77L will be Fort Lauderdale. The aircraft will go from having 266 seats in three cabins to 306 seats spread across just two cabins — business and economy. Besides the elimination of first class, the 77L will feature an updated business-class product in a 2-2-2 configuration (which we haven’t seen yet) instead of the current 2-3-2 arrangement.
Once the updated aircraft begins flying the FLL route on March 25, 2018, the south Florida city will be Emirates’ only US destination to not feature a first-class cabin. Meanwhile, some of EK’s 777-300ER aircraft are being reconfigured with the carrier’s jaw-dropping first-class suites, which are already flying between DXB and Brussels (BRU) and Geneva (GVA).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.