Emirates to Eliminate First Class Cabin on Fort Lauderdale Route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates is currently working on updating and reconfiguring a small sub-fleet of 10 Boeing 777-200LR aircraft which it operates on very few routes, including Dubai (DXB) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL). As part of the reconfiguration, these aircraft will lose the first-class cabin as well as the middle seat in business class.
Per One Mile at a Time, the first city to be served by the refreshed 77L will be Fort Lauderdale. The aircraft will go from having 266 seats in three cabins to 306 seats spread across just two cabins — business and economy. Besides the elimination of first class, the 77L will feature an updated business-class product in a 2-2-2 configuration (which we haven’t seen yet) instead of the current 2-3-2 arrangement.
Once the updated aircraft begins flying the FLL route on March 25, 2018, the south Florida city will be Emirates’ only US destination to not feature a first-class cabin. Meanwhile, some of EK’s 777-300ER aircraft are being reconfigured with the carrier’s jaw-dropping first-class suites, which are already flying between DXB and Brussels (BRU) and Geneva (GVA).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees