This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates is currently working on updating and reconfiguring a small sub-fleet of 10 Boeing 777-200LR aircraft which it operates on very few routes, including Dubai (DXB) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL). As part of the reconfiguration, these aircraft will lose the first-class cabin as well as the middle seat in business class.
Per One Mile at a Time, the first city to be served by the refreshed 77L will be Fort Lauderdale. The aircraft will go from having 266 seats in three cabins to 306 seats spread across just two cabins — business and economy. Besides the elimination of first class, the 77L will feature an updated business-class product in a 2-2-2 configuration (which we haven’t seen yet) instead of the current 2-3-2 arrangement.
Once the updated aircraft begins flying the FLL route on March 25, 2018, the south Florida city will be Emirates’ only US destination to not feature a first-class cabin. Meanwhile, some of EK’s 777-300ER aircraft are being reconfigured with the carrier’s jaw-dropping first-class suites, which are already flying between DXB and Brussels (BRU) and Geneva (GVA).
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards