Amenity Kit Review: JetBlue Mint Seasonal Kits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the jet-setting holiday traveler, JetBlue has you covered. Mint customers will feel refreshed with the help of his-and-hers seasonal amenity kits made by New York City-based luxury brand, Hayward Luxury and Hopper Goods. The snazzy new seasonal amenity kits are available until early January 2018 for Jet Blue’s premium Mint product on select coast-to-coast and Caribbean routes: JFK route to Aruba (AUA) , St. Lucia (UVF), Palm Springs(PSP), St. Maarten (SXM) and Grenada (GND) and from Boston (BOS) to Aruba (AUA), St. Maarten (SXM) and Barbados (BGI).
Compared to the off-season make, the most notable distinction is the design. The new bag has a unique style and personal touches from Hayward and Hopper creator and founder, Marin Hopper. You can tell that Hopper incorporated her style and family background to create these classic, chic amenity kits for Mint.
The women’s bag, called the Hayward kit, is now navy blue and features a brass zipper. The outer case is made of canvas and embellished with a white floral print. According to JetBlue, the design is reflective of the hand-painted Fortuny wallpaper on the ceiling of the Hayward House. The design also includes a peacock — a bird that Marin Hopper adores.
The Hopper kit, designed for men, is also made of natural cotton canvas. According to JetBlue, the Hopper kit design incorporates a sun motif drawn from the “Dennis Hopper Works of Art” sign that is in Hayward House store in New York City. It also showcases a thunderbird, which is the logo of Marin Hopper’s grandfather Leland Hayward’s flight school called Thunderbird Field, which was used as a training facility for pilots during World War II.
The biggest difference with the new kit is what’s inside. While the off-seasonal iteration contained an eye mask, lip balm by Noyah, a Herban Essentials towelette, Hint Mints, earplugs, screen cloth and toothbrush and toothpaste available on request, the new kits have the comfort and convenience of its customers in mind.
- Matching eye mask
- Pillow pack with earplugs
- Toothbrush and toothpaste kit
- Custom socks
- Custom fingerless gloves
- Noyah peppermint lip balm
- True Botanicals hand cream
- Epicurean Facial Mist
Each kit comes with the standard fare items, but replaces the Herban Essentials towelette and Hint mints from the previous amenity kits with luxurious hand lotion, cozy socks and fingerless gloves — plus a refreshing facial mist. Note that the contents of the men’s and women’s kit are the same, only the bags are different.
The new bag definitely has every kind of traveler in mind and the items are especially useful in-flight and after. Although the contents of the kits appear to be pretty standard, the additions to this kit is especially unique to the holiday traveler — the gloves and socks are useful for those returning to colder cities. The new kits are compact yet still have the comforting essentials that are perfect for long travel days; both bags are the perfect size and can easily be reused.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees