This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For the jet-setting holiday traveler, JetBlue has you covered. Mint customers will feel refreshed with the help of his-and-hers seasonal amenity kits made by New York City-based luxury brand, Hayward Luxury and Hopper Goods. The snazzy new seasonal amenity kits are available until early January 2018 for Jet Blue’s premium Mint product on select coast-to-coast and Caribbean routes: JFK route to Aruba (AUA) , St. Lucia (UVF), Palm Springs(PSP), St. Maarten (SXM) and Grenada (GND) and from Boston (BOS) to Aruba (AUA), St. Maarten (SXM) and Barbados (BGI).
Compared to the off-season make, the most notable distinction is the design. The new bag has a unique style and personal touches from Hayward and Hopper creator and founder, Marin Hopper. You can tell that Hopper incorporated her style and family background to create these classic, chic amenity kits for Mint.
The women’s bag, called the Hayward kit, is now navy blue and features a brass zipper. The outer case is made of canvas and embellished with a white floral print. According to JetBlue, the design is reflective of the hand-painted Fortuny wallpaper on the ceiling of the Hayward House. The design also includes a peacock — a bird that Marin Hopper adores.
The Hopper kit, designed for men, is also made of natural cotton canvas. According to JetBlue, the Hopper kit design incorporates a sun motif drawn from the “Dennis Hopper Works of Art” sign that is in Hayward House store in New York City. It also showcases a thunderbird, which is the logo of Marin Hopper’s grandfather Leland Hayward’s flight school called Thunderbird Field, which was used as a training facility for pilots during World War II.
The biggest difference with the new kit is what’s inside. While the off-seasonal iteration contained an eye mask, lip balm by Noyah, a Herban Essentials towelette, Hint Mints, earplugs, screen cloth and toothbrush and toothpaste available on request, the new kits have the comfort and convenience of its customers in mind.
- Matching eye mask
- Pillow pack with earplugs
- Toothbrush and toothpaste kit
- Custom socks
- Custom fingerless gloves
- Noyah peppermint lip balm
- True Botanicals hand cream
- Epicurean Facial Mist
Each kit comes with the standard fare items, but replaces the Herban Essentials towelette and Hint mints from the previous amenity kits with luxurious hand lotion, cozy socks and fingerless gloves — plus a refreshing facial mist. Note that the contents of the men’s and women’s kit are the same, only the bags are different.
The new bag definitely has every kind of traveler in mind and the items are especially useful in-flight and after. Although the contents of the kits appear to be pretty standard, the additions to this kit is especially unique to the holiday traveler — the gloves and socks are useful for those returning to colder cities. The new kits are compact yet still have the comforting essentials that are perfect for long travel days; both bags are the perfect size and can easily be reused.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees