A Look at JetBlue Mint’s Latest Amenity Kits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Despite already having one of the better amenity kits we’ve seen so far, JetBlue launched brand new ones in November of last year for passengers traveling in its premium Mint product. Continuing the theme of partnering with New York-based companies, Mint passengers now receive kits made by Hayward and Hopper.
Like the previous iteration, the new amenity kits are gender-specific. The Hayward kit, designed for women, is made from signature Hayward denim and features a brass zipper.
The Hopper kit, designed for men, is made of natural cotton canvas and has more of an artisanal feel.
Compared to the carrier’s previous cardboard packs, the new bags are definitely an upgrade — they’re not only fashionable but durable, and not having any JetBlue branding makes them look and feel more elegant.
The biggest change with the new kits is what’s inside. While the previous version contained a broad range of items like shoe rescue, shaving cream and sunscreen, the new kits feature more standard fare. Each comes with an eye mask, lip balm by Noyah (~$4 retail), an Herban Essentials towelette ($16), Hint Mints (~$4), earplugs and a screen cloth illustrated with photographs taken by Dennis Hopper. As was the case before, toothbrushes and toothpaste are available upon request.
The goodies you’ll receive inside are practically identical between the Hayward and Hopper kits.
Given the fact that JetBlue already provides what I believe are the two most valuable in-flight necessities — eye masks and dental kits — the new content is a bit disappointing. As airlines are upping their game with improved amenity kits, I was expecting something a little more interesting, perhaps some sort of moisturizer or comfy socks. On the other hand, JetBlue doesn’t operate any flights with more than about six hours of in-air flight time just yet, so what’s being provided is perfectly reasonable — the carrier provides amenity kits on all Mint flights, even on shorter hops from the East Coast to the Caribbean.
Whereas the old Birchbox kits offered several products to sample after your flight, the new Hayward and Hopper ones provide items that are especially useful in-flight, as well as stylish packaging made of unique materials. The final verdict depends of course on what you value in an amenity kit, but personally, I prefer the new version — not only can I re-purpose it later, I’m still receiving everything I need to arrive feeling refreshed.
All photos by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees