WOW Air to Launch Service From Another New York Airport, With Fares From $99 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WOW Air is expanding aggressively on the US transatlantic market, offering travelers flights to Iceland and beyond from $99 one-way. On Tuesday, WOW announced it’s adding another airport to its growing list of US destinations — New York’s JFK, with fares from $99 one-way — and adding additional frequencies to its existing route out of Newark (EWR).
[Update, 3/28/2019: WOW Air has ceased operations. Find our ongoing coverage of WOW Air’s collapse, and what affected passengers can do about it, here.]
The Iceland-based carrier will launch service from Reykjavik (KEF) to New York (JFK) on April 26, 2018. Of course, flyers traveling from JFK to KEF will then have the option to connect to any of WOW’s Europe destinations, from Milan (MXP) to Dusseldorf (DUS). Here’s the route schedule:
- WW109 Reykjavik (KEF) 9:10pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 11:25pm Arrival
- WW110 New York (JFK) 12:40am Departure ⇒ Reykjavik (KEF) 10:45am Arrival
Tickets are now available to book on WOW’s new route from JFK. The $99 one-way fares will be eligible for service from JFK to Paris (CDG), Amsterdam (AMS), London Stansted (STN), Frankfurt (FRA), Dublin (DUB), Copenhagen (CPH), Berlin (SXF) and Reykjavik (KEF). In order to get one of the $99 one-way fares, you must book a round-trip ticket. For example, I was able to find a round-trip ticket from New York (JFK) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $249, including the $99 one-way fare.
In addition to adding JFK to its route network, WOW Air is also adding frequencies to its existing service from Newark (EWR). Beginning May 2018, the carrier will offer 13x weekly service from EWR to KEF. However, the exact schedule and date for which WOW will be extending its service have yet to be reflected on the carrier’s website. Currently, WOW offers daily service on the route.
To celebrate its expansion in New York City, the carrier is also offering $99 one-way tickets for a limited time on the following routes:
- From Newark (EWR), Cleveland (CLE) and Cincinnati (CVG) ⇒ Paris (CDG), Amsterdam (AMS), London Stansted (STN), Frankfurt (FRA), Dublin (DUB), Copenhagen (CPH) and Berlin (SXF)
- From Miami (MIA) ⇒ Paris (CDG), Amsterdam (AMS), Dublin (DUB) and Copenhagen (CPH)
- From Boston (BOS) and Pittsburgh (PIT) ⇒ Paris (CDG), Amsterdam (AMS), London Stansted (STN), Brussels (BRU), Dublin (DUB), Copenhagen (CPH), Edinburgh (EDI) and Stockholm (ARN)
Keep in mind that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier, meaning you’ll pay fees for things that are usually free. Fees you’ll pay range from meals to seat assignments to checked baggage and more. So, while the fare may seem too good to pass up, keep in mind that if you want to customize your trip, you’ll have to pay more. TPG staffer Brendan Dorsey flew WOW between San Francisco (SFO) and Reykjavik (KEF) — check out his experience here.
New York’s JFK is WOW’s 14th US destination. In September, the carrier announced it was going to begin service from Dallas (DFW) to Iceland. In addition, the carrier also services two other North American cities: Toronto (YYZ) and Montréal (YUL).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees