WOW Air Launches Service to Dallas, With Fares From $99 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The US expansion of WOW Air continues. This time, the Iceland-based carrier announced that it’s heading south to Dallas – Fort Worth (DFW).
In Wednesday’s announcement, WOW Air detailed its plans to launch 3x weekly service between DFW and Reykjavik (KEF). The route, which is set to launch in May 24, 2018, will be served by WOW’s A330 aircraft.
Here’s the route schedule:
- WW192 Dallas (DFW) 4:10pm Departure ⇒ Reykjavik (KEF) 4:45am (+1) Arrival
- Service on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- WW191 Reykjavik (KEF) 9:30pm Departure ⇒ Dallas (DFW) 12:45am Arrival
- Service on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Tickets are now on sale for the new route, with one-way fares starting at $99. While the flights aren’t yet loaded on Google Flights, you can search on WOW’s website, and see that there is decent availability for the cheap flights. In addition, you can choose to extend your trip by taking advantage of WOW’s European route network and connecting to another city via KEF. We’re seeing round-trip fares between DFW and KEF from $269.
Keep in mind that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier, meaning you’ll pay fees for things that are usually free. Fees you’ll pay range from meals to seat assignments to checked baggage and more. So, while the fare may seem too good to pass up, keep in mind that if you want to customize your trip, you’ll have to pay even more.
Dallas is WOW’s 13th US destination. In August, the carrier announced it was going to begin service from Detroit (DTW), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE) and St. Louis (STL) to Iceland. DFW doesn’t have many low-cost options, especially for transatlantic travel, so this is surely a welcome addition for budget travelers.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.