WOW Air Launches Service to Dallas, With Fares From $99 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The US expansion of WOW Air continues. This time, the Iceland-based carrier announced that it’s heading south to Dallas – Fort Worth (DFW).
In Wednesday’s announcement, WOW Air detailed its plans to launch 3x weekly service between DFW and Reykjavik (KEF). The route, which is set to launch in May 24, 2018, will be served by WOW’s A330 aircraft.
Here’s the route schedule:
- WW192 Dallas (DFW) 4:10pm Departure ⇒ Reykjavik (KEF) 4:45am (+1) Arrival
- Service on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- WW191 Reykjavik (KEF) 9:30pm Departure ⇒ Dallas (DFW) 12:45am Arrival
- Service on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Tickets are now on sale for the new route, with one-way fares starting at $99. While the flights aren’t yet loaded on Google Flights, you can search on WOW’s website, and see that there is decent availability for the cheap flights. In addition, you can choose to extend your trip by taking advantage of WOW’s European route network and connecting to another city via KEF. We’re seeing round-trip fares between DFW and KEF from $269.
Keep in mind that WOW Air is a low-cost carrier, meaning you’ll pay fees for things that are usually free. Fees you’ll pay range from meals to seat assignments to checked baggage and more. So, while the fare may seem too good to pass up, keep in mind that if you want to customize your trip, you’ll have to pay even more.
Dallas is WOW’s 13th US destination. In August, the carrier announced it was going to begin service from Detroit (DTW), Cincinnati (CVG), Cleveland (CLE) and St. Louis (STL) to Iceland. DFW doesn’t have many low-cost options, especially for transatlantic travel, so this is surely a welcome addition for budget travelers.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees