JetBlue Launches Mint Flights From Two East Coast Cities to Las Vegas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Options for getting from New York and Boston to Las Vegas are about to get much more comfortable. JetBlue announced on Monday that effective immediately, it’ll begin flying Mint-equipped aircraft between New York (JFK) and Las Vegas (LAS). And, as of January 4, 2018, flyers will be able to travel in Mint between Boston (BOS) and LAS.
The seats on both routes are now available to book. On a quick search, we’re finding one-way availability from JFK to LAS for $499. On the same day, JetBlue is charging $263 for the one-way ticket in economy — so for $236 more, you’d be able to get a lie-flat seat in the Mint cabin. If you were to put your TrueBlue points to use on this example, the one-way flight would cost you 37,600 points + $5.60 in taxes and fees. Return flights are pricing out at the same $499+ mark, so you could fly round-trip between New York and Vegas in JetBlue’s Mint cabin for $998.
Flights in Mint between BOS and LAS are pricing out a little bit more than their JFK counterparts. For example, we’re seeing tons of one-way availability at the $599 level — even on the inaugural flight on January 4. When priced out using TrueBlue points, that same flight would cost 45,300 points + $5.60. Round-trip flights between the two cities are pricing out around $1,197.
JetBlue’s Mint cabin is regarded by some as the best domestic US business-class product — even by TPG himself. With Mint, you’re not just getting a seat with extra legroom. When you book a ticket in the 16-seat cabin, you’ll get expedited security, early boarding, large entertainment screens, Saxon + Parole meal options, Milk Bar treats, ice cream and, of course, the comfortable lie-flat seat.
The New York-based carrier announced its plans to expand Mint service to Las Vegas from JFK and BOS in April 2016, however, the launch has been a long time coming. At some point in the future, it’s also possible that the “Mint Effect” could take place, bringing down business-class fares from other carriers on the route. So, even if you don’t fly JetBlue often, there’s the possibility for lower fares from your carrier of choice.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees