This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the frequent flier world, some awards are so rare that stumbling upon a “unicorn” redemption becomes a must-book. This is one of those instances, as Swiss has released first-class award availability to book through Aeroplan and some of its Star Alliance partners. You can fly in Swiss’ luxurious first-class product between Zurich (ZRH) and many of its US destinations for just 70,000 Aeroplan miles plus minimal taxes and fees one-way. This is an amazing deal, and if you’re looking to take advantage, act very quickly — there’s no telling how long this availability will be around.
A couple of years ago, Swiss stopped releasing first-class award space to its Star Alliance partners, instead opting to offer the space to only its elite flyers. However, as Live and Let’s Fly reports, sometimes award space is released to its partners, allowing non-Swiss elites to book first-class awards with the carrier. Act quick, as Swiss first-class redemptions are now bookable through Aeroplan for 70,000 miles one-way or 140,000 miles round-trip + minimal taxes and fees.
On preliminary searches, we’re seeing availability between Zurich and many of its US destinations — New York (JFK and EWR), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Boston (BOS) and Miami (MIA). In addition, we’re seeing plenty of availability on a number of dates. Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Zurich (ZRH) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
San Francisco (SFO) to Zurich (ZRH) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Zurich (ZRH) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
Zurich (ZRH) to Chicago (ORD) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
Boston (BOS) to Zurich (ZRH) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
Miami (MIA) to Zurich (ZRH) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
This is an amazing opportunity to book an award that’s not usually available. And not only is it available, but there are tons of dates from a number of US cities, and there’s no additional surcharges other than the 7.20 CAD. There are also reports that Swiss first is currently bookable via its Star Alliance partner United for 110,000 miles one-way.
Remember that you can transfer Aeroplan miles from American Express Membership Rewards program. You can transfer Amex MR points to Aeroplan at a 1:1 ratio instantly. Because they transfer so fast, you can easily move over the required miles quickly enough to jump on this award space. Act quick if you’re interested — there’s no telling how long these Swiss first awards will be around.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards