Act Quick: Swiss First Class Bookable Through Aeroplan for 70,000 Miles One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the frequent flier world, some awards are so rare that stumbling upon a “unicorn” redemption becomes a must-book. This is one of those instances, as Swiss has released first-class award availability to book through Aeroplan and some of its Star Alliance partners. You can fly in Swiss’ luxurious first-class product between Zurich (ZRH) and many of its US destinations for just 70,000 Aeroplan miles plus minimal taxes and fees one-way. This is an amazing deal, and if you’re looking to take advantage, act very quickly — there’s no telling how long this availability will be around.
A couple of years ago, Swiss stopped releasing first-class award space to its Star Alliance partners, instead opting to offer the space to only its elite flyers. However, as Live and Let’s Fly reports, sometimes award space is released to its partners, allowing non-Swiss elites to book first-class awards with the carrier. Act quick, as Swiss first-class redemptions are now bookable through Aeroplan for 70,000 miles one-way or 140,000 miles round-trip + minimal taxes and fees.
On preliminary searches, we’re seeing availability between Zurich and many of its US destinations — New York (JFK and EWR), Chicago (ORD), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Boston (BOS) and Miami (MIA). In addition, we’re seeing plenty of availability on a number of dates. Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Zurich (ZRH) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
San Francisco (SFO) to Zurich (ZRH) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Zurich (ZRH) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
Zurich (ZRH) to Chicago (ORD) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
Boston (BOS) to Zurich (ZRH) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
Miami (MIA) to Zurich (ZRH) for 70,000 miles + 7.20 CAD one-way in Swiss first:
This is an amazing opportunity to book an award that’s not usually available. And not only is it available, but there are tons of dates from a number of US cities, and there’s no additional surcharges other than the 7.20 CAD. There are also reports that Swiss first is currently bookable via its Star Alliance partner United for 110,000 miles one-way.
Remember that you can transfer Aeroplan miles from American Express Membership Rewards program. You can transfer Amex MR points to Aeroplan at a 1:1 ratio instantly. Because they transfer so fast, you can easily move over the required miles quickly enough to jump on this award space. Act quick if you’re interested — there’s no telling how long these Swiss first awards will be around.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees