Amenity Kit Review: Swiss International Air Lines First-Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This is the first post in TPG’s new review series in which TPG team members give their take on some of the snazziest amenity kits in the skies.
Swiss International Air Lines’ amenity kits were designed with a Swiss style of luxury in mind according to the company, and these are packed with goodies that keep the kit true to its homeland. In this review, we take a look at what makes Swiss Air’s first-class amenity kits — available for both men and — stand out and where they falter.
Bag Designer: Swiss International Air Lines
Amenities Provider: La Prairie
The first-class bags have a sturdy construction and can stand up even when empty. The four pouches on the top of it provide perfect compartments to store smaller amenities, while the large base offers more than enough room for a full set of toiletries. Here’s what the men’s bag looks like.
Of all the amenity kit designs we’ve seen so far, Swiss’ may be the best positioned for continued use as a travel toiletry kit. Here’s the women’s version.
If you forgot that you’re flying on a Swiss airliner, the amenities in the first-class bag will bring you back to that mountainous state of mind with Ricola lozenges. If you’re not a fan of the herbaceous sucker cultivated in the Swiss Alps, spit it into the included tissues. Also inside: hand cream, lip balm, eye cream, and La Prairie’s ice crystal creme — a premium anti-aging product. There’s also a toothbrush/toothpaste set, provided by Swiss oral hygiene company, Elmex. Finally, cozy up with a pair of slippers, socks, eye mask and ear plugs.
The biggest difference between the men’s and women’s kits comes down to a hair product: The men’s kit comes with a wooden comb, while the women’s kit features a wooden brush. Both look downright luxurious (most airline combs are made of cheap plastic) and feel full-on Swiss. Yet neither are particularly good at what they are supposed to do: brush hair. The comb’s teeth are too thick and wide to untangle many knots and the brush’s bulky bristles aren’t as effective as the admittedly less-flashy plastic combs found in other kits.
With wooden hair-ware, mountain lozenges and a Swiss-branded bag, Swiss Air Lines’ first-class amenity kits are refreshingly reminiscent of their home country. A full set of creams will keep skin refreshed until landing and the box of Ricola will soothe most dry throats. And while the respective brushes are not as useful as we’d like them to be, the bags themselves will keep your toiletries safe and organized for years to come.
Are there other airlines or amenity kits you’d like to see covered? Let us know in the comments, below.
All photos by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees