One Day Left to Score a Seat on United’s Final 747 Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In just three weeks, United’s Boeing 747 will fly passengers for the very last time. Tickets for the final farewell, United Flight 747, sold out in less than an hour — but there’s still an opportunity to score a spot on the special flight on November 7.
United’s offering two packages through MileagePlus Exclusives, letting you bid miles for seats. There are two packages on offer — the first includes early boarding, and will currently run you 351,000 miles, while the second package has reached 390,000 miles.
Both packages include:
- Domestic economy airfare to SFO on Monday, November 6
- A hotel room on Monday night
- Economy airfare for two on the final 747 flight to Honolulu on Tuesday, November 7
- A hotel room for Tuesday and Wednesday nights in Honolulu
- Domestic economy airfare for two back to the winner’s home city
With roughly one day left to bid, I’d expect both of these packages to climb well above the 500,000-mile mark. While there’s always a chance customers could cancel their tickets, opening up some last-minute inventory, I wouldn’t count on that. If you want to come along, this is almost certainly your one and only opportunity to make it happen.
Featured image by Patrick T. Fallon for The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.