This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In just three weeks, United’s Boeing 747 will fly passengers for the very last time. Tickets for the final farewell, United Flight 747, sold out in less than an hour — but there’s still an opportunity to score a spot on the special flight on November 7.
United’s offering two packages through MileagePlus Exclusives, letting you bid miles for seats. There are two packages on offer — the first includes early boarding, and will currently run you 351,000 miles, while the second package has reached 390,000 miles.
Both packages include:
- Domestic economy airfare to SFO on Monday, November 6
- A hotel room on Monday night
- Economy airfare for two on the final 747 flight to Honolulu on Tuesday, November 7
- A hotel room for Tuesday and Wednesday nights in Honolulu
- Domestic economy airfare for two back to the winner’s home city
With roughly one day left to bid, I’d expect both of these packages to climb well above the 500,000-mile mark. While there’s always a chance customers could cancel their tickets, opening up some last-minute inventory, I wouldn’t count on that. If you want to come along, this is almost certainly your one and only opportunity to make it happen.
Featured image by Patrick T. Fallon for The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards