One Day Left to Score a Seat on United’s Final 747 Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In just three weeks, United’s Boeing 747 will fly passengers for the very last time. Tickets for the final farewell, United Flight 747, sold out in less than an hour — but there’s still an opportunity to score a spot on the special flight on November 7.
United’s offering two packages through MileagePlus Exclusives, letting you bid miles for seats. There are two packages on offer — the first includes early boarding, and will currently run you 351,000 miles, while the second package has reached 390,000 miles.
Both packages include:
- Domestic economy airfare to SFO on Monday, November 6
- A hotel room on Monday night
- Economy airfare for two on the final 747 flight to Honolulu on Tuesday, November 7
- A hotel room for Tuesday and Wednesday nights in Honolulu
- Domestic economy airfare for two back to the winner’s home city
With roughly one day left to bid, I’d expect both of these packages to climb well above the 500,000-mile mark. While there’s always a chance customers could cancel their tickets, opening up some last-minute inventory, I wouldn’t count on that. If you want to come along, this is almost certainly your one and only opportunity to make it happen.
Featured image by Patrick T. Fallon for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees