This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In just three weeks, United’s Boeing 747 will fly passengers for the very last time. Tickets for the final farewell, United Flight 747, sold out in less than an hour — but there’s still an opportunity to score a spot on the special flight on November 7.
United’s offering two packages through MileagePlus Exclusives, letting you bid miles for seats. There are two packages on offer — the first includes early boarding, and will currently run you 351,000 miles, while the second package has reached 390,000 miles.
Both packages include:
- Domestic economy airfare to SFO on Monday, November 6
- A hotel room on Monday night
- Economy airfare for two on the final 747 flight to Honolulu on Tuesday, November 7
- A hotel room for Tuesday and Wednesday nights in Honolulu
- Domestic economy airfare for two back to the winner’s home city
With roughly one day left to bid, I’d expect both of these packages to climb well above the 500,000-mile mark. While there’s always a chance customers could cancel their tickets, opening up some last-minute inventory, I wouldn’t count on that. If you want to come along, this is almost certainly your one and only opportunity to make it happen.
Featured image by Patrick T. Fallon for The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees