This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Now departing: Finnair Flight 666. Destination: HEL.” Passengers boarded Flight 666 from Copenhagen (CPH) to Helsinki (HEL) on Friday — and not just any Friday, but Friday the 13th.
It really doesn’t get more superstitious than this — flight 666. To HEL. Friday the 13th. At the 13th hour. Why anyone actually booked this flight is beyond us.
Not only that, but HEL itself made an effort to outdo Finnair, assigning gate 26 for the flight’s arrival. What makes gate 26 so strange? Think about it: 13 + 13 = 26.
The good news — for those who are superstitious — Flight 666 landed safety in HEL. And for those on board, the experience went off without a hitch. According to Airlineroute, there wasn’t any funny business on board.
Unfortunately (or maybe this is good news?), Finnair announced that this would be its last Friday the 13th Flight 666 trip to HEL. At the end of the month, it’s changing the flight number on this route to AY954. If you’re interested, the last AY666 flight will depart for HEL on October 29 for the last time.
Over the course of 11 years, Finnair flew AY666 to HEL on Friday the 13th a total of 21 times. For those sad to see the route go, Finnair reminded passengers that it does still have a flight from SIN to HEL…
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards