This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Now departing: Finnair Flight 666. Destination: HEL.” Passengers boarded Flight 666 from Copenhagen (CPH) to Helsinki (HEL) on Friday — and not just any Friday, but Friday the 13th.
It really doesn’t get more superstitious than this — flight 666. To HEL. Friday the 13th. At the 13th hour. Why anyone actually booked this flight is beyond us.
Not only that, but HEL itself made an effort to outdo Finnair, assigning gate 26 for the flight’s arrival. What makes gate 26 so strange? Think about it: 13 + 13 = 26.
The good news — for those who are superstitious — Flight 666 landed safety in HEL. And for those on board, the experience went off without a hitch. According to Airlineroute, there wasn’t any funny business on board.
Unfortunately (or maybe this is good news?), Finnair announced that this would be its last Friday the 13th Flight 666 trip to HEL. At the end of the month, it’s changing the flight number on this route to AY954. If you’re interested, the last AY666 flight will depart for HEL on October 29 for the last time.
Over the course of 11 years, Finnair flew AY666 to HEL on Friday the 13th a total of 21 times. For those sad to see the route go, Finnair reminded passengers that it does still have a flight from SIN to HEL…
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees