Finnair Flight 666 Departs Straight to HEL on Friday the 13th for the Last Time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Now departing: Finnair Flight 666. Destination: HEL.” Passengers boarded Flight 666 from Copenhagen (CPH) to Helsinki (HEL) on Friday — and not just any Friday, but Friday the 13th.
It really doesn’t get more superstitious than this — flight 666. To HEL. Friday the 13th. At the 13th hour. Why anyone actually booked this flight is beyond us.
Not only that, but HEL itself made an effort to outdo Finnair, assigning gate 26 for the flight’s arrival. What makes gate 26 so strange? Think about it: 13 + 13 = 26.
The good news — for those who are superstitious — Flight 666 landed safety in HEL. And for those on board, the experience went off without a hitch. According to Airlineroute, there wasn’t any funny business on board.
Unfortunately (or maybe this is good news?), Finnair announced that this would be its last Friday the 13th Flight 666 trip to HEL. At the end of the month, it’s changing the flight number on this route to AY954. If you’re interested, the last AY666 flight will depart for HEL on October 29 for the last time.
Over the course of 11 years, Finnair flew AY666 to HEL on Friday the 13th a total of 21 times. For those sad to see the route go, Finnair reminded passengers that it does still have a flight from SIN to HEL…
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees