This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways, one of the largest operators of the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, shared a video of how this massive aircraft is built from start to finish. The video condenses into four minutes a process that takes months to show how the aircraft is assembled, painted, and prompted for testing. The 787-9 in the British Airways layout seats 216 passengers in a four-class first, business, premium economy and economy configuration, and can fly nonstop 9,000 miles. British Airways alliance partner Qantas will soon put it in service on the new longest nonstop flight in the world, Perth to London.
787 parts are built all over the world, from Japan to Italy to the US itself, and then flown by a 747 Dreamlifter to the Boeing plants in Everett, Washington, or Charleston, South Carolina, where they are assembled.
If you’re like me, this video will send you down a rabbit hole of pages researching how the materials used and the batteries installed in the 787-9 are different from other large aircraft (a rabbit hole I highly recommend, if you have the time). And now, I’m looking forward to my next flight on one of Boeing’s Dreamliner.
Feature image taken from YouTube video.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards