This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways, one of the largest operators of the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, shared a video of how this massive aircraft is built from start to finish. The video condenses into four minutes a process that takes months to show how the aircraft is assembled, painted, and prompted for testing. The 787-9 in the British Airways layout seats 216 passengers in a four-class first, business, premium economy and economy configuration, and can fly nonstop 9,000 miles. British Airways alliance partner Qantas will soon put it in service on the new longest nonstop flight in the world, Perth to London.
787 parts are built all over the world, from Japan to Italy to the US itself, and then flown by a 747 Dreamlifter to the Boeing plants in Everett, Washington, or Charleston, South Carolina, where they are assembled.
If you’re like me, this video will send you down a rabbit hole of pages researching how the materials used and the batteries installed in the 787-9 are different from other large aircraft (a rabbit hole I highly recommend, if you have the time). And now, I’m looking forward to my next flight on one of Boeing’s Dreamliner.
Feature image taken from YouTube video.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees