This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Before you get too excited — no, you can’t book a seat on any of these flights, although there might still be a chance to join the final voyage of United’s soon-to-be-retired Boeing 747. Employees have another option, though.
As Airline Geeks discovered, United’s 747 will be going on a farewell tour of US hubs throughout the month of October, including stops in San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), Houston (IAH), Washington, D.C. (IAD), Newark (EWR), Chicago (ORD) and Denver (DEN).
The plane will begin its journey in San Francisco on October 12, and will circle around the country to all major hubs, with the final stop scheduled for October 26 in Denver. Employees will have an opportunity to tour the plane at each airport, though it’s not clear how United will choose who gets to join the hub-to-hub flights.
If you manage to get on board, please reach out to share your experience. Otherwise, I hope to see you on the final revenue flight on November 7!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards