This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Before you get too excited — no, you can’t book a seat on any of these flights, although there might still be a chance to join the final voyage of United’s soon-to-be-retired Boeing 747. Employees have another option, though.
As Airline Geeks discovered, United’s 747 will be going on a farewell tour of US hubs throughout the month of October, including stops in San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), Houston (IAH), Washington, D.C. (IAD), Newark (EWR), Chicago (ORD) and Denver (DEN).
The plane will begin its journey in San Francisco on October 12, and will circle around the country to all major hubs, with the final stop scheduled for October 26 in Denver. Employees will have an opportunity to tour the plane at each airport, though it’s not clear how United will choose who gets to join the hub-to-hub flights.
If you manage to get on board, please reach out to share your experience. Otherwise, I hope to see you on the final revenue flight on November 7!
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that