Uber Now Allows Drivers to Leave Feedback for Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Curious why you don’t have a perfect five-star Uber rating? Good news. The company is making it easier for you to see why exactly you received less than five stars on your rides with the option for drivers to leave feedback for passengers.
On Tuesday, the ride-share company announced that it’s rolling out the feature in a new app update, which will allow drivers to give feedback to the rider if that equals less than a five-star rating. The process will work much like passengers giving drivers feedback. If your driver thinks you’re deserving of less than five stars, they’ll then be prompted to address “what went wrong?” Preselected options include “wait time,” “patience,” “number of riders,” “attitude,” “wanted another route” or “other.” If you receive the same complaint twice within 30 days, Uber will send you a notification that your behavior in the one area is affecting your rating.
For UberPool rides, drivers will be able to leave individual feedback for each passenger. And, to provide more privacy for the driver, they won’t have to leave ratings until after the entire trip is complete and all passengers have exited the vehicle. The passenger rating and feedback feature rolled out to users in the US and Canada on Tuesday.
This is a big change for Uber, which previously allowed only passengers to leave feedback for drivers. The new feature is part of Uber’s 180 Days of Change campaign, which launched after the company came under fire for negative news mostly related to how it was being managed. As part of the campaign, Uber also launched the option for passengers to tip their drivers at the end of a ride.
The problems haven’t ended for Uber, however. Just last week, Uber found out that Transport for London (TfL) wouldn’t be renewing its license to operate in the city. Uber plans to appeal the decision.
Featured image by studioEAST / Getty Images.
H/T: The Verge
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees