Uber Is Changing up Its Passenger and Driver Rating System
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Riding in an Uber, sometimes it’s easy to forget one major part of the ride — the rating system. After every trip, both riders and drivers are prompted to rate each other. The ratings are averaged out and each rider and driver is then assigned a score. As a rider, if your rating gets too low, you could be kicked off the app. And if you’re a driver, well, if your rating goes below a certain threshold, you won’t be driving for much longer.
Overall, the rating system is a great way to make sure both sides of the Uber equation are behaving while they’re in the car. But, Uber announced that it’s changing the way the rating system works in two ways.
Beginning today, Uber is encouraging riders to be more fair when it comes to rating their UberPool driver. Say, for example, you request an UberPool and aren’t happy with the rider(s) you got paired with and gave the driver a lower rating because of it. Now, if you don’t give a five-star rating to your UberPool driver, you’ll be able to give more feedback on why you rated the way you did.
If your reasoning doesn’t have to do with the driver specifically, and instead is related to the other passenger(s), then the poor score won’t affect their rating.
Also today, Uber is making it easier to check your own rating so you can see what your driver is seeing when they agree to pick you up. Whereas you used to have to click around and navigate the Settings menu to see your rating, it’s now displayed right under your name when you open the menu.
Your rating can have an effect on your Uber account. Generally speaking, the higher your rating, the better experience you’re likely to have — regardless if you’re a driver or a rider. These new changes are probably better for everyone involved. And if you’re a rider seeing your rating for the first time and aren’t happy, check out some of the things that can help you to boost that number.
Featured image courtesy of Uber.
H/T: View From the Wing
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees