This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now available in 485 cities around the world, Uber is one of the most useful tools for travelers. As the app continues to expand to new cities, there are an increasing number of places for users to maximize their points earnings with a credit card using the ride-sharing app.
Anyone who has used the service knows that upon exiting an Uber car, you’ll be emailed a receipt and the next time you open the app you’ll see a five-star rating system where you can rate your driver. But what you might now know – or might not have known that you can find out – is that the driver rates you, too. It’s a mutual rating system that helps drivers decide whether or not to pick you up. If your score falls too low, it may be hard to find a ride or you may even be kicked off the app.
What was at one point extremely secretive and difficult to find, your rating is now instantly accessible from the app itself. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Uber app on your phone.
2. At the top left corner of the interface, click the three-bar drop-down menu.
3. Click Help.
4. Click Account and Payment.
5. Click Account Settings and Ratings.
5. Select “I’d like to know my rating.”
6. Click Submit at the bottom of the page and your rating will appear before your eyes.
Uber drivers can have a tough task of keeping their passengers happy – everything from the amenities offered inside the vehicle like water bottles and tissues to the temperature and music in the car can influence a driver score. But passengers are subject to the same harsh one-star-rating that their drivers are. Don’t let your rating get too low, so you can take advantage of the unique offers Uber sometimes presents its customers.
What’s your Uber passenger rating?
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.