Survey Finds Most Millennials Want to Travel Solo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
According to a recent article by The Cashlorette, a new study conducted by the Princeton Survey Research Associates International shows that while 47% of adults say they would travel solo — 28% already have, while another 19% said they’d be interested in trying it — the idea is most appealing to millennials, with 58% saying they would do it in a heartbeat and 26% saying they already had.
“Traveling solo is an enriching opportunity that we’re seeing many young adults gravitating toward,” said The Cashlorette’s founder, Sarah Berger.
So, where would millennials go solo if money were no object? Domestically, it looks like California, followed by Florida, Hawaii, Alaska and Colorado. As for international travel, participants identified Italy, Australia, France, the UK and Ireland as their top choices. Another 7% said they wouldn’t travel outside the US, even if travel was free.
Have you ever traveled solo? Where did you go? Tell us about it, below.
Featured image by Ascent/PKS Media Inc./Getty Images.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees