Delta Just Added Another Final Domestic 747 Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This past Tuesday I experienced a redeye flight I’ll never forget. I traveled from Los Angeles to Detroit onboard the final domestic Delta 747 flight. Well, except I didn’t — there’s another final flight; it’s even in the same week!
Delta made headlines Wednesday when it flew a 737-900ER through Hurricane Irma in order to avoid stranding a planeload of passengers in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Now, the carrier’s in the spotlight once again, this time for sending the Queen of the Skies on an evacuation mission to Orlando.
The special 747 flight will depart Orlando at 4:00pm Friday, arriving in Detroit at 6:36pm. From there passengers will be able to connect to Delta flights to other US destinations or beyond — or they can stay in Michigan, far from this deadly storm that’s likely to cause tremendous damage to much of the state of Florida.
As of now the flight appears to be full — and as tempting as it may be, if seats do open up, please do not book them just for the chance to join the “final final” domestic 747 flight. Countless Floridians and tourists alike are desperate to leave ahead of the storm, and booking a seat on this plane will take it away from someone in need.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.