This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m excited to announce the launch of the TPG Lounge, a new Facebook Group where we can all come together to chat about travel, points, miles and credit cards. This does not replace our existing Facebook page; it’s a platform where readers can share and discuss their experiences with other points and miles enthusiasts.
Here’s what you can expect to do in the TPG Lounge:
- Connect with other members and share tips about deals, award availability and points/miles redemptions
- Post your own flight/hotel reviews and Reader Success Stories and have them potentially featured on the site
- Get advance previews of upcoming articles and participate in group polls and discussions
- Score invitations to the TPG office during scheduled open-house events
- Enter exclusive contests and find out about other upcoming members-only surprises (this is where we’ll be going with last-minute giveaways)
Visit the TPG Lounge for a full breakdown of guidelines and post do’s and don’ts.
It wouldn’t be a TPG launch without a giveaway! At the end of this week, 25 lucky members will be chosen to win a TPG-branded duffle bag full of surprise swag such as portable chargers and luggage trackers. And by Friday, I’ll be selecting one reader to attend a VIP event as a guest of mine in New York City — look for details later in the week.
Ultimately, the TPG Lounge is all about more interaction among readers and TPG staff — myself included. I look forward to hearing your stories.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees