My Pet-Friendly Stay at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar in Philadelphia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last weekend, The Points Guy‘s Marketing and Events Manager Becca Denenberg took me — Miles the dog — to Philadelphia for a weekend. Because I was traveling with her, we needed to find a dog-friendly hotel and decided to stay at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar since it’s known for its PAWsome pet-friendly policies.
After a ruff, traffic-filled, four-hour drive from New York, during which I took a very long nap, we finally arrived at the hotel. It was around 7:00pm. The front desk staff couldn’t be friendlier. When we checked in, they gave me a homemade dog treat made by the restaurant’s head chef. I loved it!
The staff also provided us with a pet-friendly map of the city so I could check out the parks nearby. Every time I came down for a walk during our weekend stay, they remembered my name. Needless to say, I felt right at home. We also filled out a special form with the hotel’s pet policy spelled out to make sure I’d be on my best behavior, just in case.
I’m not sure if they knew I was the Chief Barketing Officer at TPG but everyone at the Palomar treated me like a king. One of the staff members escorted us up to the room and even put a sign on the door that said “Pet in room.” They gave me food and water bowls and a brown bed because I’m a boy dog — they also had special beds for girl dogs. Despite the look on my face, I really did like the one they gave me.
Naturally, I opted for the human bed instead.
The next morning, I got to meet some of the other dogs who were staying at the hotel — our names were all written outside on the chalkboard.
All in all, it was a great weekend and I loved how considerate the Kimpton Palomar staff were. Our weekend was pawsitively awesome!
Editor’s note: This was not a paid post — we never accept freebies — and Becca booked and paid for her own stay. All photos by Becca Denenberg.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.