My Pet-Friendly Stay at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar in Philadelphia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last weekend, The Points Guy‘s Marketing and Events Manager Becca Denenberg took me — Miles the dog — to Philadelphia for a weekend. Because I was traveling with her, we needed to find a dog-friendly hotel and decided to stay at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar since it’s known for its PAWsome pet-friendly policies.
After a ruff, traffic-filled, four-hour drive from New York, during which I took a very long nap, we finally arrived at the hotel. It was around 7:00pm. The front desk staff couldn’t be friendlier. When we checked in, they gave me a homemade dog treat made by the restaurant’s head chef. I loved it!
The staff also provided us with a pet-friendly map of the city so I could check out the parks nearby. Every time I came down for a walk during our weekend stay, they remembered my name. Needless to say, I felt right at home. We also filled out a special form with the hotel’s pet policy spelled out to make sure I’d be on my best behavior, just in case.
I’m not sure if they knew I was the Chief Barketing Officer at TPG but everyone at the Palomar treated me like a king. One of the staff members escorted us up to the room and even put a sign on the door that said “Pet in room.” They gave me food and water bowls and a brown bed because I’m a boy dog — they also had special beds for girl dogs. Despite the look on my face, I really did like the one they gave me.
Naturally, I opted for the human bed instead.
The next morning, I got to meet some of the other dogs who were staying at the hotel — our names were all written outside on the chalkboard.
All in all, it was a great weekend and I loved how considerate the Kimpton Palomar staff were. Our weekend was pawsitively awesome!
Editor’s note: This was not a paid post — we never accept freebies — and Becca booked and paid for her own stay. All photos by Becca Denenberg.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.