My Pet-Friendly Stay at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar in Philadelphia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last weekend, The Points Guy‘s Marketing and Events Manager Becca Denenberg took me — Miles the dog — to Philadelphia for a weekend. Because I was traveling with her, we needed to find a dog-friendly hotel and decided to stay at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar since it’s known for its PAWsome pet-friendly policies.
After a ruff, traffic-filled, four-hour drive from New York, during which I took a very long nap, we finally arrived at the hotel. It was around 7:00pm. The front desk staff couldn’t be friendlier. When we checked in, they gave me a homemade dog treat made by the restaurant’s head chef. I loved it!
The staff also provided us with a pet-friendly map of the city so I could check out the parks nearby. Every time I came down for a walk during our weekend stay, they remembered my name. Needless to say, I felt right at home. We also filled out a special form with the hotel’s pet policy spelled out to make sure I’d be on my best behavior, just in case.
I’m not sure if they knew I was the Chief Barketing Officer at TPG but everyone at the Palomar treated me like a king. One of the staff members escorted us up to the room and even put a sign on the door that said “Pet in room.” They gave me food and water bowls and a brown bed because I’m a boy dog — they also had special beds for girl dogs. Despite the look on my face, I really did like the one they gave me.
Naturally, I opted for the human bed instead.
The next morning, I got to meet some of the other dogs who were staying at the hotel — our names were all written outside on the chalkboard.
All in all, it was a great weekend and I loved how considerate the Kimpton Palomar staff were. Our weekend was pawsitively awesome!
Editor’s note: This was not a paid post — we never accept freebies — and Becca booked and paid for her own stay. All photos by Becca Denenberg.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees