Register for IHG’s Huge Fall 2017 Accelerate Bonus Points Offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following the World of Hyatt launch (and a sky-high requirement to stay 60 nights to earn top-tier status), this year I’m focusing most of my hotel stays on Starwood Preferred Guest, so I can requalify for Platinum (which earns me Marriott Platinum as well). But as hard as I try, it’s simply impossible to always book a Starwood hotel, which led me to a handful of Hilton and IHG stays while working my way through New Zealand earlier this year.
As a cardholder, my IHG status never drops below Platinum, which means I generally earn 15 points per dollar spent at member hotels — a 10.5% return based on TPG’s most recent valuations. And when you pair that earn rate with the chain’s frequent (and generous) Accelerate promotion, which just launched for Fall 2017, you can earn a very nice return.
Even though I don’t have any specific IHG stays in mind, I always register for this particular promo — this time, offering up to 59,300 bonus points if I complete each requirement on the list.
Meanwhile, here’s the breakdown from our very own JT Genter:
And here’s Katie Genter’s:
This particular promotion is valid for stays from September 1 through December 31, 2017, giving you a full four months to earn. And while I know some folks go out of their way to unlock the “achievements” (perhaps more for the fun of it than the earning potential), I’ll likely only be able to score a few thousand bonus points this time around — if I end up with any eligible stays at all.
As for what counts as an “eligible stay,” there are plenty of exclusions to keep in mind:
Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. “Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion
Is this the world’s most lucrative hotel promotion? No, not even close, but if there’s a chance you’ll be staying with IHG later in 2017, you might as well click through to sign up — even if for no other reason than to see what crazy offer you’ve been targeted for this time around.
What’s your fall 2017 Accelerate offer from IHG?
Featured image courtesy of the Intercontinental Sydney.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees