Get Free Ice Cream From Uber in These 10 Cities Today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Is there anything better than ice cream on a hot summer day? Well, yes… how about free ice cream on a hot summer day? Thanks to Uber, that’s exactly what you can get today and every Friday for the next six weeks if you’re in one of 10 select cities.
Here’s the scoop — starting at 11am, you can open the Uber app on your phone and tap the yellow banner at the bottom to request ice cream. If you’re “matched” (as Uber puts it), an Uber driver will be dispatched to bring free ice cream to you and up to four of your companions, along with a limited edition plastic cone.
Sweet, huh? But hang on — here’s the cherry on top. Once you have the plastic Uber cone, you can take it into any participating McDonald’s each and every Friday between now and September 22 and get another soft serve ice cream cone — for free. There’s a punch card system to keep it to one refill per Friday, and bring your umbrella because there’s a chance of sprinkles.
So, now the big question: what are the 10 special cities that made the cut? Well, if you’re in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Washington, D.C., Miami, Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas or Toronto, you’re in the right place to get your “just desserts.”
In addition to delivering ice cream, Uber has also rolled out promotional ice cream trucks in the same cities mentioned above, where you can get the special cones along with free soft serve. By chance, we found one truck here in New York about three blocks from TPG HQ, which is why I appear to suddenly be the only one left in the office at the moment.
Uber says the quantity of promotional cones is limited and we suspect supplies will quickly melt away, so make sure you’re on the ball and try to get your cone as soon as you can. That way as the end of summer heats up, you’ll have the problem licked.
Did you get free ice cream from Uber? Let us know in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.