Get Free Ice Cream From Uber in These 10 Cities Today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Is there anything better than ice cream on a hot summer day? Well, yes… how about free ice cream on a hot summer day? Thanks to Uber, that’s exactly what you can get today and every Friday for the next six weeks if you’re in one of 10 select cities.
Here’s the scoop — starting at 11am, you can open the Uber app on your phone and tap the yellow banner at the bottom to request ice cream. If you’re “matched” (as Uber puts it), an Uber driver will be dispatched to bring free ice cream to you and up to four of your companions, along with a limited edition plastic cone.
Sweet, huh? But hang on — here’s the cherry on top. Once you have the plastic Uber cone, you can take it into any participating McDonald’s each and every Friday between now and September 22 and get another soft serve ice cream cone — for free. There’s a punch card system to keep it to one refill per Friday, and bring your umbrella because there’s a chance of sprinkles.
So, now the big question: what are the 10 special cities that made the cut? Well, if you’re in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Washington, D.C., Miami, Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas or Toronto, you’re in the right place to get your “just desserts.”
In addition to delivering ice cream, Uber has also rolled out promotional ice cream trucks in the same cities mentioned above, where you can get the special cones along with free soft serve. By chance, we found one truck here in New York about three blocks from TPG HQ, which is why I appear to suddenly be the only one left in the office at the moment.
Uber says the quantity of promotional cones is limited and we suspect supplies will quickly melt away, so make sure you’re on the ball and try to get your cone as soon as you can. That way as the end of summer heats up, you’ll have the problem licked.
Did you get free ice cream from Uber? Let us know in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees