FoundersCard Expands Its Perks With Marriott and Virgin America
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
FoundersCard is the membership-based card that offers some incredible — and lucrative — benefits. From complimentary status to exclusive status challenges, perks and discounts, there’s plenty of value to be had just by being a member. Now, FoundersCard is improving two of its benefits with Marriott (and SPG) and Virgin America (and Alaska).
While FoundersCard has offered a status challenge with Marriott in the past, it’s now granting you status for a longer period if your challenge is successful. Now, if you enroll in the challenge, you’ll get complimentary Marriott Gold status for three months. If you successfully make six paid stays within three months of registering, you’ll get to keep the status through February 2019 — that’s more than 1.5 years with Gold status. Previously, if you were successful at the challenge, you would get the status for an additional elite year.
As a reminder, Marriott Gold status will get you a 25% bonus on points, concierge lounge access and free breakfast, free internet, an exclusive phone line, guaranteed late checkout, a room upgrade if available and more. Plus, thanks to the Marriott-Starwood merger, you’ll also be able to match the Marriott Gold status to Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status. SPG Gold will get you late checkout, a room upgrade when available, a welcome gift upon arrival, free internet and more.
In addition to extending the Marriott Gold status challenge, FoundersCard expanded its benefit with Virgin America. You used to get 5% off your fare on Virgin America tickets, but FoundersCard has extended that discount to flights with Virgin’s new owner, Alaska Airlines. Since Alaska acquired Virgin, the two carriers have been (slowly) merging together as one. Now, you’ll get a 5% discount on economy fares for Alaska flights, as well as Virgin America economy flights, in the continental US and Canada.
Overall, these two new perks are great additions for FoundersCard, which seems to add new benefits regularly. If you’re not yet a FoundersCard member, you can take advantage of an exclusive offer just for TPG readers. If you sign up as a new member, you’ll get a preferred annual membership fee of $495 as well as a waived initiation fee when you apply using this link or the promo code FCTPG17. The standard annual membership fee is $595 with an initiation fee of $95 — so you’re saving $195 right away.
This post has been amended to reflect that the number of paid stays within three months of registering to keep Marriott Gold status through February 2019 is six, not three. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees