This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most people love visiting new places, but let’s face it: The actual process of traveling can be pretty stressful. Sifting through email confirmations to find the right terminal for your connecting flight isn’t the most ideal thing to do en route to your dream vacation in Paris. Fortunately, TripIt — a travel organizing app — serves as a handy digital companion by combining travel confirmations into itineraries, telling you when to leave for the airport and, starting Wednesday, providing directions within airports.
Travelers with a TripIt Pro subscription can use the new interactive maps feature to confidently navigate busy terminals with step-by-step walking directions. Any two points in an airport — which includes trekking to Terminal D from A, finding your departure gate and even other amenities like restaurants and lounges — can be routed with directions from within the app.
“Airports can be overwhelming, especially when you’re rushing to board a flight,” said Jen Moyse, director of product at TripIt. “Whether you’re trying to make a connecting flight or looking for something to eat before you take off, TripIt Pro will make sure you never wander around lost in an airport again.”
If you’re making a tight connection, you’ll even be able to see the fastest route and how long it takes to walk from gate to gate. And when you’re hungry, the app feature can point you toward eateries in the terminal. Upon launch, travelers will have access to interactive maps in nearly 50 airports across the world.
The maps integrate with TripIt’s other features too; after an itinerary is generated in the app, the flight-detail screen provides maps for each leg of a trip — including departure, arrival and layover airports.
While itineraries are free to create, use of the interactive maps feature requires an annual $49 TripIt Pro subscription. Looking for other incredibly useful travel apps? Here are our other favorites.
Featured Image Courtesy of Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that