TripIt’s New Map Feature Helps Travelers Navigate Busy Airports
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most people love visiting new places, but let’s face it: The actual process of traveling can be pretty stressful. Sifting through email confirmations to find the right terminal for your connecting flight isn’t the most ideal thing to do en route to your dream vacation in Paris. Fortunately, TripIt — a travel organizing app — serves as a handy digital companion by combining travel confirmations into itineraries, telling you when to leave for the airport and, starting Wednesday, providing directions within airports.
Travelers with a TripIt Pro subscription can use the new interactive maps feature to confidently navigate busy terminals with step-by-step walking directions. Any two points in an airport — which includes trekking to Terminal D from A, finding your departure gate and even other amenities like restaurants and lounges — can be routed with directions from within the app.
“Airports can be overwhelming, especially when you’re rushing to board a flight,” said Jen Moyse, director of product at TripIt. “Whether you’re trying to make a connecting flight or looking for something to eat before you take off, TripIt Pro will make sure you never wander around lost in an airport again.”
If you’re making a tight connection, you’ll even be able to see the fastest route and how long it takes to walk from gate to gate. And when you’re hungry, the app feature can point you toward eateries in the terminal. Upon launch, travelers will have access to interactive maps in nearly 50 airports across the world.
The maps integrate with TripIt’s other features too; after an itinerary is generated in the app, the flight-detail screen provides maps for each leg of a trip — including departure, arrival and layover airports.
While itineraries are free to create, use of the interactive maps feature requires an annual $49 TripIt Pro subscription. Looking for other incredibly useful travel apps? Here are our other favorites.
Featured Image Courtesy of Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees