This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sometimes even the most powerful man in the world can’t get the simple things in life. Apparently President Donald Trump wasn’t able to find a hotel for the upcoming G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany.
According to the Hamburger Abendblatt, President Trump tried to book the Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten, but the property was already full. The US delegation was so late to the party that they couldn’t find one luxury hotel for the president, and presumably the US delegation, to stay at. President Trump, also a billionaire hotel and real estate mogul, doesn’t own any properties in the city of 1.7 million people.
The G20, or Group of 20, is a gathering of 20 countries with major economies from around the world. The location of the 2017 conference was announced in February 2016 and according to BuzzFeed News 9,000 hotel rooms are needed to house all the world leaders and their sizable staffs.
BuzzFeed News called some of the hotels in Hamburg and found that the Fairmont was booked by the massive Saudi Arabian delegation before Trump could get to it. Russian President Vladimir Putin will reside at the The Park Hyatt Hamburg during the conference.
Luckily for the President, the AP is reporting that he will be staying at the city’s official Senate guesthouse (above) while his staff will stay at the US Consulate General, also located in Hamburg.
Featured image courtesy of Joe Raedle via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards