Complete Global Entry Interview Upon Arrival From an International Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Scheduling a Global Entry interview just got a little easier as the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency announced it has launched an “Enrollment on Arrival” service at five airports in the US, allowing travelers to complete their Global Entry enrollment interview as part of the immigration process when arriving from an international trip.
The new program, which is now available at both Houston airports (IAH and HOU), Austin (AUS), San Francisco (SFO) and Vancouver (YVR), is open to those who have already submitted the online Global Entry application and been conditionally approved for membership — but still must complete the in-person interview. Rather than scheduling an appointment at a local Global Entry location, passengers can interview while simultaneously clearing customs from an international trip if they are returning to the United States through one of the five airports.
Eligible travelers who wish to take advantage of the service will be directed to an “Enrollment on Arrival” booth where a customs officer will conduct the standard inspection procedures and the Global Entry interview at the same time — while also collecting the traveler’s fingerprints for Global Entry kiosk access. Once the process is successfully completed, the traveler is a Global Entry member during the five-year membership period.
Global Entry is a popular immigration program for regular international travelers, allowing expedited screening for passengers arriving back into the United States from travel abroad. Often the most frustrating part of getting Global Entry is scheduling the interview, as high demand at many locations results in long wait times of weeks or even months. CBP intends to expand Enrollment on Arrival to other airports in the coming months, and expects the service to reduce interview wait times and lessen demand at other interview locations.
The Points Guy highly recommends Global Entry for those who travel outside of the US — even on a semi-regular basis. Travelers can even get the $100 application fee refunded if you pay for it using a credit card that offers a Global Entry fee waiver or rebate. If you’re approved for Global Entry, you’ll also receive TSA PreCheck membership for expedited processing at TSA security checkpoints within the States as well.
Featured image courtesy of Chris Hondros/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees