This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this week, an IT glitch made it temporarily impossible to book American Airlines flights using some partner currencies, such as British Airways Avios. Fortunately, that issue has been fixed, and you can once again search (and book) AA award flights via British Airways’ site.
That’s great news for BA members looking to book longer short-haul flights (of up to 1,151 miles) within the US, which you can book for just 7,500 Avios (which are far easier to come by than AAdvantage miles). Additionally, British Airways doesn’t charge AA’s $75 close-in processing fee. So, for frequent flyers “in the know,” this temporary outage was hardly ideal.
Were you unable to book AA flights via British Airways?
Featured image by John Gress/Corbis via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards