You Can Once Again Book American Airlines Flights With BA Avios
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this week, an IT glitch made it temporarily impossible to book American Airlines flights using some partner currencies, such as British Airways Avios. Fortunately, that issue has been fixed, and you can once again search (and book) AA award flights via British Airways’ site.
That’s great news for BA members looking to book longer short-haul flights (of up to 1,151 miles) within the US, which you can book for just 7,500 Avios (which are far easier to come by than AAdvantage miles). Additionally, British Airways doesn’t charge AA’s $75 close-in processing fee. So, for frequent flyers “in the know,” this temporary outage was hardly ideal.
Were you unable to book AA flights via British Airways?
Featured image by John Gress/Corbis via Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee