This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Baggage Claim Hall of Fame inducted a new hero this week — an Aussie by the name of Dean who successfully checked and then collected a solitary can of beer on a recent flight from Melbourne to Perth.
— Bottoms Up Beer (@BottomsUpBeer) July 10, 2017
It’s a tale that would only happen in the land Down Under, where the kangaroo roam and the baggage handlers, apparently, couldn’t care less. It began when the legendary Dean dared to tempt fate by sending his beloved can of Emu Export Lager — arguably a microcosm of Australia itself — alone and unprotected into the literal belly of his silver winged beast.
“The planning stages may have definitely had a few cold ones cracked but the execution was done sober,” Dean admitted in an interview with British website UNILAD. As he watched the lonely can zip down the belt and into the great unknown, he was unsure if he would ever see it again — though he was ready and willing to file a lost baggage report for one “boutique fermented wheat and yeast, housed in cylinder of aluminium.” Thats right, aluminium with the extra “i.” It doesn’t get better than this, folks.
But when he arrived at the Perth baggage claim, he was proven blissfully wrong. “Sure enough there she was, alone on the carousel proudly making her way around,” he reported. “And there I was in my flanno [flannel shirt] and RMs to greet her. It was perfection.”
Congratulations, Dean. You’ve just won life.
H/T: The Independent
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that