Australian Man Checks Single Can of Beer, Becomes Hero for All
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Baggage Claim Hall of Fame inducted a new hero this week — an Aussie by the name of Dean who successfully checked and then collected a solitary can of beer on a recent flight from Melbourne to Perth.
— Bottoms Up Beer (@BottomsUpBeer) July 10, 2017
It’s a tale that would only happen in the land Down Under, where the kangaroo roam and the baggage handlers, apparently, couldn’t care less. It began when the legendary Dean dared to tempt fate by sending his beloved can of Emu Export Lager — arguably a microcosm of Australia itself — alone and unprotected into the literal belly of his silver winged beast.
“The planning stages may have definitely had a few cold ones cracked but the execution was done sober,” Dean admitted in an interview with British website UNILAD. As he watched the lonely can zip down the belt and into the great unknown, he was unsure if he would ever see it again — though he was ready and willing to file a lost baggage report for one “boutique fermented wheat and yeast, housed in cylinder of aluminium.” Thats right, aluminium with the extra “i.” It doesn’t get better than this, folks.
But when he arrived at the Perth baggage claim, he was proven blissfully wrong. “Sure enough there she was, alone on the carousel proudly making her way around,” he reported. “And there I was in my flanno [flannel shirt] and RMs to greet her. It was perfection.”
Congratulations, Dean. You’ve just won life.
H/T: The Independent
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.