This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Baggage Claim Hall of Fame inducted a new hero this week — an Aussie by the name of Dean who successfully checked and then collected a solitary can of beer on a recent flight from Melbourne to Perth.
— Bottoms Up Beer (@BottomsUpBeer) July 10, 2017
It’s a tale that would only happen in the land Down Under, where the kangaroo roam and the baggage handlers, apparently, couldn’t care less. It began when the legendary Dean dared to tempt fate by sending his beloved can of Emu Export Lager — arguably a microcosm of Australia itself — alone and unprotected into the literal belly of his silver winged beast.
“The planning stages may have definitely had a few cold ones cracked but the execution was done sober,” Dean admitted in an interview with British website UNILAD. As he watched the lonely can zip down the belt and into the great unknown, he was unsure if he would ever see it again — though he was ready and willing to file a lost baggage report for one “boutique fermented wheat and yeast, housed in cylinder of aluminium.” Thats right, aluminium with the extra “i.” It doesn’t get better than this, folks.
But when he arrived at the Perth baggage claim, he was proven blissfully wrong. “Sure enough there she was, alone on the carousel proudly making her way around,” he reported. “And there I was in my flanno [flannel shirt] and RMs to greet her. It was perfection.”
Congratulations, Dean. You’ve just won life.
H/T: The Independent
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees