This Is the Airline With the Best In-Flight Beer Selection
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the best parts of air travel is when you finally reach a certain point and the food and beverage service begins — there’s nothing quite like taking a sip of your favorite drink, turning on a movie and settling in for the rest of your flight. While I may be partial to a glass of red, beer is an undeniably popular choice as well, so if you’re looking to kick back on your flight with a cold brew, which airline would be the best place to do it? The writers at Vinepair decided to find out.
The big winner? According to Vinepair, the best beer selection for all cabins goes to Virgin America. While the carrier serves classics like Heineken and Bud Light, it also offers several craft beers, including 21st Amendment Brew Free or Die IPA, 21st Amendment Sneak Attack and Anchor Steam. On top of that, Virgin America has a pretty amazing snack list, including jerky sausage, vanilla bean popcorn, kettle chips and salted brownies.
Delta came in second place because its full selection of beer is often unavailable on flights — it turns out the Sweetwater that’s advertised rarely makes an onboard appearance — while JetBlue, which offers Brooklyn Brewery and Harpoon selections, came in third, followed by Alaska Airlines and United, in fourth and fifth, respectively.
To be worthy of having the best beer list in the skies, the airline needed to have more than just a great selection — it needed to offer its classy brews to passengers in both premium and coach classes. Airlines are often judged against each other only by their premium-cabin service, but most people are traveling in economy, which means service in the back — especially alcoholic offerings — is pretty important as well.
Which airline do you think has the best beer selection? Sound off, below.
Featured image courtesy of Jack Andersen via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees