This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airsickness is not exactly a common occurrence at sea-level — its got the word “air” in it for a reason. But if you’ve been looking to put those complimentary motion sickness baggies you lifted from seat 12C to good use (and you’ve got a mythically queasy stomach) take a gander at this crazy aviation video, shot by a Delta pilot on final approach into Atlanta’s Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport.
Sped up for your sanity’s sake, the video turns what was probably an uneventful flight into an absolute roller-coaster ride. There are sharp turns, steep drops and sudden stops. Even a minor flight path adjustment looks massive when presented at hyper-speed. The Boeing 737 can’t fly nearly this fast — you need to get beyond the atmosphere to go even close to this speed. Even so, it’ll give you a cool view of the landing from the cockpit.
Featured image of Boeing 737 with landing gear out courtesy of Dmitry Terekhov via Flickr.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees