This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airsickness is not exactly a common occurrence at sea-level — its got the word “air” in it for a reason. But if you’ve been looking to put those complimentary motion sickness baggies you lifted from seat 12C to good use (and you’ve got a mythically queasy stomach) take a gander at this crazy aviation video, shot by a Delta pilot on final approach into Atlanta’s Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport.
Sped up for your sanity’s sake, the video turns what was probably an uneventful flight into an absolute roller-coaster ride. There are sharp turns, steep drops and sudden stops. Even a minor flight path adjustment looks massive when presented at hyper-speed. The Boeing 737 can’t fly nearly this fast — you need to get beyond the atmosphere to go even close to this speed. Even so, it’ll give you a cool view of the landing from the cockpit.
Featured image of Boeing 737 with landing gear out courtesy of Dmitry Terekhov via Flickr.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees