Watch a 737’s Final Approach at Hyperspeed
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airsickness is not exactly a common occurrence at sea-level — its got the word “air” in it for a reason. But if you’ve been looking to put those complimentary motion sickness baggies you lifted from seat 12C to good use (and you’ve got a mythically queasy stomach) take a gander at this crazy aviation video, shot by a Delta pilot on final approach into Atlanta’s Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport.
Sped up for your sanity’s sake, the video turns what was probably an uneventful flight into an absolute roller-coaster ride. There are sharp turns, steep drops and sudden stops. Even a minor flight path adjustment looks massive when presented at hyper-speed. The Boeing 737 can’t fly nearly this fast — you need to get beyond the atmosphere to go even close to this speed. Even so, it’ll give you a cool view of the landing from the cockpit.
Featured image of Boeing 737 with landing gear out courtesy of Dmitry Terekhov via Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.