The Ritz-Carlton Is Launching Its Own Cruise Line in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The cruise industry is about to get a lot more luxurious. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company shared in a press release today that it’s going to be launching its very own cruise line, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
The fleet will consist of three “lavish cruising yachts,” the first of which is expected to set sail toward the end of 2019. Each ship will measure in at 190 meters (about 623 feet) and will have the capacity to hold just 298 passengers. The feeling will be similar to that of a boutique hotel — there will be 149 suites on board, all of which will have their own balcony. There will also be two penthouses sporting interiors designed by a joint effort between The Ritz-Carlton and cruise ship design firm Tillberg Design of Sweden.
Plenty of other luxurious features will be found on board, too. Cruisers will be able to dine at a restaurant from Sven Elverfeld, the chef at Aqua, the three-star Michelin restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton, Wolfsburg. You’ll also be able enjoy a day of pampering at a signature Ritz-Carlton Spa, a glass of wine at the Panorama Lounge and wine bar and pick from a wide variety of on-board entertainment.
Itineraries will range from 7–10 days and are designed to incorporate the same level of luxury that Ritz-Carlton hotels and resorts provide on land, complete with the intimate and relaxed environment that go along with a yachting vacation. Since the ships are much smaller than your average ocean liner, you’ll be able to visit ports of call in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America that are otherwise off limits to other cruises. According to the press release, The Yacht Collection is considering including destinations such as Capri and Portofino in Italy, St. Barth’s in the Caribbean and Cartagena in Colombia. On land, guests can expect “one-of-a-kind curated destination journeys through collaborations with local chefs, musicians and artists, allowing guests to experience the locations in unique and experiential ways.”
Guests will be able to make reservations for a cruise beginning in May 2018 and each ship will also be available for private charters. However, pricing details haven’t been released yet. We’ve reached out to The Ritz-Carlton about the possibility of booking cruises with Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Rewards points, but haven’t heard anything yet as of this writing.
All renderings courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.