The Ritz-Carlton Is Launching Its Own Cruise Line in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The cruise industry is about to get a lot more luxurious. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company shared in a press release today that it’s going to be launching its very own cruise line, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
The fleet will consist of three “lavish cruising yachts,” the first of which is expected to set sail toward the end of 2019. Each ship will measure in at 190 meters (about 623 feet) and will have the capacity to hold just 298 passengers. The feeling will be similar to that of a boutique hotel — there will be 149 suites on board, all of which will have their own balcony. There will also be two penthouses sporting interiors designed by a joint effort between The Ritz-Carlton and cruise ship design firm Tillberg Design of Sweden.
Plenty of other luxurious features will be found on board, too. Cruisers will be able to dine at a restaurant from Sven Elverfeld, the chef at Aqua, the three-star Michelin restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton, Wolfsburg. You’ll also be able enjoy a day of pampering at a signature Ritz-Carlton Spa, a glass of wine at the Panorama Lounge and wine bar and pick from a wide variety of on-board entertainment.
Itineraries will range from 7–10 days and are designed to incorporate the same level of luxury that Ritz-Carlton hotels and resorts provide on land, complete with the intimate and relaxed environment that go along with a yachting vacation. Since the ships are much smaller than your average ocean liner, you’ll be able to visit ports of call in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America that are otherwise off limits to other cruises. According to the press release, The Yacht Collection is considering including destinations such as Capri and Portofino in Italy, St. Barth’s in the Caribbean and Cartagena in Colombia. On land, guests can expect “one-of-a-kind curated destination journeys through collaborations with local chefs, musicians and artists, allowing guests to experience the locations in unique and experiential ways.”
Guests will be able to make reservations for a cruise beginning in May 2018 and each ship will also be available for private charters. However, pricing details haven’t been released yet. We’ve reached out to The Ritz-Carlton about the possibility of booking cruises with Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Rewards points, but haven’t heard anything yet as of this writing.
All renderings courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees