This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hot on the heels of IHG’s summer Accelerate promotion, Marriott’s launching a limited-time bonus opportunity of its own, covering stays at Marriott, Ritz-Carlton and Starwood hotels. In total, you’ll have an opportunity to earn bonus points at more than 6,000 hotels in over 110 countries, so there’s a fairly good chance you won’t have to go out of your way to net a decent return with this promo.
Note that because each respective chain’s loyalty program still operates (semi) independently, the promotions differ from one program to the next, and you’ll need to register separately for each. All three promotions run from May 27 through September 4, and you must register for each by August 30. There’s no cap on earnings, but you’ll only be eligible for a bonus on one room per stay. Here’s a breakdown by chain:
Marriott Rewards: Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay, plus 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand. See terms here for a list of excluded properties.
Starwood Preferred Guest: Earn double points on weekdays and triple points on weekends. You’ll earn an additional 1,500 points per stay if you have the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. Here’s a list of included properties.
There’s no reason not to register, so it makes sense to fill out the form for each chain even if you don’t have stays planned just yet. Click on the program names above to register for each chain’s promotion.
Featured image of The Whale Bar at St. Regis Maldives.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees