This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hot on the heels of IHG’s summer Accelerate promotion, Marriott’s launching a limited-time bonus opportunity of its own, covering stays at Marriott, Ritz-Carlton and Starwood hotels. In total, you’ll have an opportunity to earn bonus points at more than 6,000 hotels in over 110 countries, so there’s a fairly good chance you won’t have to go out of your way to net a decent return with this promo.
Note that because each respective chain’s loyalty program still operates (semi) independently, the promotions differ from one program to the next, and you’ll need to register separately for each. All three promotions run from May 27 through September 4, and you must register for each by August 30. There’s no cap on earnings, but you’ll only be eligible for a bonus on one room per stay. Here’s a breakdown by chain:
Marriott Rewards: Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay, plus 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand. See terms here for a list of excluded properties.
Starwood Preferred Guest: Earn double points on weekdays and triple points on weekends. You’ll earn an additional 1,500 points per stay if you have the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express. Here’s a list of included properties.
There’s no reason not to register, so it makes sense to fill out the form for each chain even if you don’t have stays planned just yet. Click on the program names above to register for each chain’s promotion.
Featured image of The Whale Bar at St. Regis Maldives.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards