This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hot on the heels of IHG’s summer Accelerate promotion, Marriott’s launching a limited-time bonus opportunity of its own, covering stays at Marriott, Ritz-Carlton and Starwood hotels. In total, you’ll have an opportunity to earn bonus points at more than 6,000 hotels in over 110 countries, so there’s a fairly good chance you won’t have to go out of your way to net a decent return with this promo.
Note that because each respective chain’s loyalty program still operates (semi) independently, the promotions differ from one program to the next, and you’ll need to register separately for each. All three promotions run from May 27 through September 4, and you must register for each by August 30. There’s no cap on earnings, but you’ll only be eligible for a bonus on one room per stay. Here’s a breakdown by chain:
Marriott Rewards: Earn 2,000 bonus points per stay beginning with your second stay, plus 2,000 bonus points for each new brand you stay with, beginning with your second brand. See terms here for a list of excluded properties.
Starwood Preferred Guest: Earn double points on weekdays and triple points on weekends. You’ll earn an additional 1,500 points per stay if you have the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. Here’s a list of included properties.
There’s no reason not to register, so it makes sense to fill out the form for each chain even if you don’t have stays planned just yet. Click on the program names above to register for each chain’s promotion.
Featured image of The Whale Bar at St. Regis Maldives.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees