IHG’s Q2 Accelerate Challenge Offers Each Member at Least 30,000 Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
A few times a year, IHG offers its Rewards Club members an individualized slate of “Accelerate” challenges. Challenges include staying a certain number of nights, at a certain number of brands or using a certain type of rate plan (i.e., Points and Cash). Each member’s offer seems to be based on past IHG activity.
Since the Q1 offer ended April 15, we’ve been wondering when the next Accelerate promotion would go live. Finally, IHG loaded the new promotion yesterday. This “Q2” offer is good for stays from May 15 through August 31. To see your challenges, click here and register for the promotion.
While each member gets an individualized offer, the terms and conditions state that every member will earn at least 30,000 points. Based on current TPG valuations, that means each offer should net at least $210 in value.
For reference, I’ve stayed with IHG for six nights so far in 2017 and still received a nice, achievable set of offers:
- 2,500 Stay Once Get 2,500
- 10,000 Stay More, Earn More — 5 nights
- 5,600 Change Your View — Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotels
- 2,400 Stay for Less and Earn — 1 stay using Points and Cash
- 8,000 Explore with Confidence — Stay in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
- 1,500 Spend on your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card — pay for one stay with your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- 10,000 Your Achievement Bonus — Complete 5 of the 6 offers [above]
- 3,000 Early Stay Bonus — Stay once before June 30th
That’s 43,000 total points up for grabs, and I can earn them all in five nights. Or, by combining offers, it’d only take me two nights to get 33,000 points:
- 1 night at a Holiday Inn before June 30 paid for with my IHG Rewards Club Select Card
- 1 night at another Holiday Inn in Europe/China/Asia Pacific/Middle East/Africa purchased with Points and Cash
Here are some terms and conditions to keep in mind for your planning:
- Each member will have the opportunity to earn at least 30,000 points
- Each offer must be completed between May 15, 2017 and August 31, 2017 (both dates inclusive)
- A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. So, you can’t rack up multiple stays at the same hotel just by checking out and checking back in.
- The following don’t count as qualifying stays: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third-party websites, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion
Featured image courtesy of InterContinental Times Square.
What’s your Q2 Accelerate offer?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.