IHG’s Q2 Accelerate Challenge Offers Each Member at Least 30,000 Points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
A few times a year, IHG offers its Rewards Club members an individualized slate of “Accelerate” challenges. Challenges include staying a certain number of nights, at a certain number of brands or using a certain type of rate plan (i.e., Points and Cash). Each member’s offer seems to be based on past IHG activity.
Since the Q1 offer ended April 15, we’ve been wondering when the next Accelerate promotion would go live. Finally, IHG loaded the new promotion yesterday. This “Q2” offer is good for stays from May 15 through August 31. To see your challenges, click here and register for the promotion.
While each member gets an individualized offer, the terms and conditions state that every member will earn at least 30,000 points. Based on current TPG valuations, that means each offer should net at least $210 in value.
For reference, I’ve stayed with IHG for six nights so far in 2017 and still received a nice, achievable set of offers:
- 2,500 Stay Once Get 2,500
- 10,000 Stay More, Earn More — 5 nights
- 5,600 Change Your View — Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotels
- 2,400 Stay for Less and Earn — 1 stay using Points and Cash
- 8,000 Explore with Confidence — Stay in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
- 1,500 Spend on your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card — pay for one stay with your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- 10,000 Your Achievement Bonus — Complete 5 of the 6 offers [above]
- 3,000 Early Stay Bonus — Stay once before June 30th
That’s 43,000 total points up for grabs, and I can earn them all in five nights. Or, by combining offers, it’d only take me two nights to get 33,000 points:
- 1 night at a Holiday Inn before June 30 paid for with my IHG Rewards Club Select Card
- 1 night at another Holiday Inn in Europe/China/Asia Pacific/Middle East/Africa purchased with Points and Cash
Here are some terms and conditions to keep in mind for your planning:
- Each member will have the opportunity to earn at least 30,000 points
- Each offer must be completed between May 15, 2017 and August 31, 2017 (both dates inclusive)
- A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. So, you can’t rack up multiple stays at the same hotel just by checking out and checking back in.
- The following don’t count as qualifying stays: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third-party websites, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion
Featured image courtesy of InterContinental Times Square.
What’s your Q2 Accelerate offer?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees