Qatar’s Qsuites First Revenue Flight Appears Set for June 24
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We still don’t have official confirmation from Qatar that this will be the first revenue flight of its revolutionary new business class product. However, this morning Qatar loaded a new business class seating arrangement starting June 24 on QR Flight #7 from Doha (DOH) to London (LHR). Qatar had previously confirmed that this is the debut route of Qsuites.
ExpertFlyer shows the current 777-300ER 2-2-2 business class cabin on June 23, but June 24 shows the new 1-2-1 arrangement of the Qsuite:
The timing is no accident. This date would be immediately after the Paris Air Show, where Qatar is sure to want to show off its first aircraft with the new business class product.
TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig will be in Paris to cover the air show, so we’ll hope to get a chance to see it there first. But we’ll get an even better look at the new product when Zach flies Qatar Flight #7 on June 24.
If you want to join him, a one-way on the nonstop from DOH-LHR on June 24 is running $4,238 (or $5,523 round-trip). However, if you don’t mind positioning down to Sri Lanka, a one-way from Colombo (CMB) to London (LHR) via Doha costs just $1,632.
One curious part of the seat map: all of the four-person group seats are blocked. It’ll be interesting to see if these can only be reserved by groups of four. We ran a test booking on Qatar’s website but weren’t able to get to seat selection before purchasing the tickets. During the booking process, it notes “Seat selection and special assistance services can be requested at the confirmation page or using the Manage Booking option.”
If these seats are blocked for these groups, it’ll also be interesting to see when/if the blocks are removed. If Qatar sells all of the single seats, will subsequent purchasers have unassigned seats until check-in?
Haven’t seen the new Qsuites quad-design? Check out TPG’s 360 tour of the product from ITB Berlin:
And here’s TPG’s take of the product after checking it out:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees