Watch This Plane Land Among São Paulo’s Skyscrapers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you think NYC’s skyline is impressive when landing at one of the city’s airports, then you’ve got to check out Congonhas Airport (CGH). Located only five miles from São Paulo, Brazil’s sprawling city center, the airport is a small patch of land among an endless sea of high-rise buildings that make up the Southern Hemisphere’s largest city.
Fortunately, there are some incredibly skilled pilots in the cockpit that ensure smooth landings even at risky locations like CGH. In this minute-long video, a person sitting in a helicopter films a Boeing’s descent onto the short landing strip. The most amazing part is watching the plane disappear into the city, and then see it re-emerge a few seconds later as it lands safely. Check it out in the video below:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.