Watch This Fighter Pilot Fly Just Feet off the Ground
Airplanes are typically found flying high in the sky, far from dangerous obstacles like trees, rocks and other pesky ground-based debris. When you’re rocketing forward at speeds well over 400 mph, its not so easy to avoid collisions; if you make one wrong move and you’re toast. Yet, in this crazy aviation video, one daring pilot defies reason as he flies really (really really really) close to the ground.
The pilot is flying a “nap-of-the-earth” course, which basically means he’s flying as close to the ground as he can. Its a tactic mostly used by fighter pilots in high-risk environments, where flying high means showing up on enemy radar. By maintaining an extremely low-altitude flight course the pilots are able to exploit the surrounding terrain’s natural features to mask their position.
Featured imaged taken from YouTube video.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.