Celebrity Chef Gordon Ramsay Plans Major US Restaurant Expansion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Gordon Ramsay, the celebrity chef best known for hurling expletives at reality show contestants, is looking to further make his mark in the United States. Ramsey, who is originally from Scotland, has entranced audiences with his over-the-top personality and explosive temper — as seen on Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen — for over a dozen seasons. But along with a penchant for cursing, Ramsey is an acclaimed toque and restaurateur who has acquired numerous Michelin Stars with his flagship London restaurant, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, holding a whopping three of them.
While Ramsey may already have the attention of TV audiences, according to Eater, he’s looking to expand his stateside base by opening six new restaurants across America. Specifics on the new eateries are limited but we do know that two of the new locations will include New Orleans and Baltimore. Ramsey already helms a number of high-end restaurants, but it’s likely that the new US locales will more closely mirror his casual eateries currently operating in Las Vegas and Atlantic City.
It was also revealed yesterday by London-based food critic, Richard Vines, that Ramsay will relaunch Plane Food — his Heathrow restaurant in Terminal 5 — over the summer and traveling foodies should look out for changes. Stay tuned for more news from the Ramsay camp for details and opening dates on the US expansion.
Featured image courtesy of Ethan Miller via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.