Celebrity Chef Gordon Ramsay Plans Major US Restaurant Expansion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Gordon Ramsay, the celebrity chef best known for hurling expletives at reality show contestants, is looking to further make his mark in the United States. Ramsey, who is originally from Scotland, has entranced audiences with his over-the-top personality and explosive temper — as seen on Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen — for over a dozen seasons. But along with a penchant for cursing, Ramsey is an acclaimed toque and restaurateur who has acquired numerous Michelin Stars with his flagship London restaurant, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, holding a whopping three of them.
While Ramsey may already have the attention of TV audiences, according to Eater, he’s looking to expand his stateside base by opening six new restaurants across America. Specifics on the new eateries are limited but we do know that two of the new locations will include New Orleans and Baltimore. Ramsey already helms a number of high-end restaurants, but it’s likely that the new US locales will more closely mirror his casual eateries currently operating in Las Vegas and Atlantic City.
It was also revealed yesterday by London-based food critic, Richard Vines, that Ramsay will relaunch Plane Food — his Heathrow restaurant in Terminal 5 — over the summer and traveling foodies should look out for changes. Stay tuned for more news from the Ramsay camp for details and opening dates on the US expansion.
Featured image courtesy of Ethan Miller via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees