Book an Overwater Bungalow Starting at 31,200 Starpoints per Night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starwood Preferred Guest is running a promotion for its top resorts: For stays now through March 5, 2018, you can get 35% off the award cost. Unlike a promo that ran back in February, this offer doesn’t have a landing page or “book by” date. Since it could end at any time, you’re going to want to jump on this right away.
I spoke with a Starwood Preferred Guest booking agent this morning. As far as we could tell, the discount is loaded for the following three (incredible) properties:
|Hotel||Points per night||Points for 5 nights||Transfer cost
|Base Room Rate per Night|
|St. Regis Maldives||58,500||234,000
|Le Méridien Bora Bora||39,000||156,000
|W Retreat and Spa Maldives||58,500||234,000
Thanks to Starwood’s fifth award night free policy, you can maximize this promotion by booking a five-night stay. Between the 35% discount and the fifth night free, you can drop the cost from the standard 60,000 points per night to just 31,200 at the Le Méridien Bora Bora and from 90,000 to 46,800 per night at the Maldives locations.
However, the Starpoints aren’t the only big cost to enjoying this luxury. SPG realizes that you can’t drive yourself to these island resorts, and they price the airport transfers in line with the cash price they’re assuming you’re paying. Transfers from the airport to the resort can set you back at least $350 round-trip (speedboat to the W Maldives). The seaplane to the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli costs $645 round-trip per person. The Le Méridien Bora Bora is more reasonably priced at “just” $88 round-trip from the airport to the resort.
Don’t Miss: TPGtv St. Regis Maldives Review:
Note that these rooms can’t be booked online; you must call (888-625-4988) SPG in order to book your award. When you do, make sure that you’re getting the best room for the points. For example, the agent defaulted to offering the King Beach Bungalow for 156,000 points for a five-night stay at Le Méridien Bora Bora. It was only when I asked about the award cost for the Overwater Bungalow that she mentioned it too was 156,000 points for a five-night stay.
Assuming you’re sold on the St. Regis Maldives or W Retreat and Spa Maldives, now the question is how to get to the Maldives. Thankfully, we have a comprehensive post on just this topic: The Best Ways to Get to the Maldives on Points and Miles.
If you need more Starpoints, there are a couple of immediate ways to get them. First, remember that Marriott points transfer to Starwood at a 3:1 ratio. Still need more? You can buy up to 30,000 Starpoints per calendar year. We typically recommend waiting until SPG puts buying Starpoints on sale, but buying at full price could make sense if you need to top off your account for an awesome redemption like this.
H/T: Dan’s Deals
Featured image courtesy of Le Méridien Bora Bora
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees