This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways launched a new stopover package for travelers, called +Qatar, which includes a complimentary overnight stay at a luxury hotel in Doha. Qatar Airways launched the new stopover option in partnership with the Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) in an effort to make Qatar a more appealing destination for travelers rather than opting to travel through the country without stepping foot outside the airport.
The stopover program is available now and will last through the summer. Qatar Airways and the QTA are teaming up to offer those traveling on Qatar Airways through Doha the option to stay at four- or five-star hotels on their stopover — free of charge. While only the first night is complimentary from the program, travelers can choose to extend their stay to include a second night for $50. Hotel options include The Four Seasons, Marriott Marquis, Radisson Blu and Oryx Rotana. And, according to the press release, it seems passengers will get to choose their hotel (presumably, pending availability).
To take advantage of this new, extended stopover option from Qatar, book your flight through qatarairways.com and select a multi-city itinerary. Once you receive your flight confirmation, you’ll be able to select which hotel you want to stay at for the one (or two) night(s). The offer is available to all Qatar passengers, regardless of class of service.
Last year, Qatar (the country) announced that it was set to begin offering free transit visas for travelers from eligible countries who are transiting through Doha for at least five and no more than 96 hours. So, this new stopover package goes hand-in-hand with the free transit visa to give you the option of a complimentary stay and the option of an additional tour through Discover Qatar.
If you’re not planning on staying in Doha long enough for an overnight stay, keep in mind that the airport also offers free three-hour tours if your layover is long enough. The tour takes you to highlights of the city, including the Museum of Islamic Art, Katara Cultural Village, the Pearl-Qatar and the Souq Waqif. To reserve a spot on a layover airport, go to the Doha City Tour desk, located at the beginning of Concourse B between the Mont Blanc and WH Smith shops, upon arrival.
Featured image courtesy of Matteo Colombo via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards