Qatar Airways Offering Free Hotel Stay in Doha
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways launched a new stopover package for travelers, called +Qatar, which includes a complimentary overnight stay at a luxury hotel in Doha. Qatar Airways launched the new stopover option in partnership with the Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) in an effort to make Qatar a more appealing destination for travelers rather than opting to travel through the country without stepping foot outside the airport.
The stopover program is available now and will last through the summer. Qatar Airways and the QTA are teaming up to offer those traveling on Qatar Airways through Doha the option to stay at four- or five-star hotels on their stopover — free of charge. While only the first night is complimentary from the program, travelers can choose to extend their stay to include a second night for $50. Hotel options include The Four Seasons, Marriott Marquis, Radisson Blu and Oryx Rotana. And, according to the press release, it seems passengers will get to choose their hotel (presumably, pending availability).
To take advantage of this new, extended stopover option from Qatar, book your flight through qatarairways.com and select a multi-city itinerary. Once you receive your flight confirmation, you’ll be able to select which hotel you want to stay at for the one (or two) night(s). The offer is available to all Qatar passengers, regardless of class of service.
Last year, Qatar (the country) announced that it was set to begin offering free transit visas for travelers from eligible countries who are transiting through Doha for at least five and no more than 96 hours. So, this new stopover package goes hand-in-hand with the free transit visa to give you the option of a complimentary stay and the option of an additional tour through Discover Qatar.
If you’re not planning on staying in Doha long enough for an overnight stay, keep in mind that the airport also offers free three-hour tours if your layover is long enough. The tour takes you to highlights of the city, including the Museum of Islamic Art, Katara Cultural Village, the Pearl-Qatar and the Souq Waqif. To reserve a spot on a layover airport, go to the Doha City Tour desk, located at the beginning of Concourse B between the Mont Blanc and WH Smith shops, upon arrival.
Featured image courtesy of Matteo Colombo via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.