Inside Jimmy Fallon’s New Ride at Universal Orlando
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Universal Studios Florida recently opened Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, a new 3D motion-simulator ride that takes you though the show’s history, into the studio at 30 Rockefeller Plaza and culminates in a race through the Big Apple past some of the city’s most famous landmarks.
Perhaps best of all is the fact that you won’t have to wait in long lines for this ride in the intense Florida heat. By implementing a new “Virtual Line” reservation system, guests will be able to select hour-long windows when they wish to visit the ride via app and will be able to enter the attraction immediately during that period of time. The “booking” system is available free of charge to anyone on the Universal Orlando Resort property — note that those with the Express Pass (which you can purchase for $75 or get for free as a guest of one of Universal’s on-site hotels) have the option to skip everything and head straight to the ride.
Otherwise, there’s still some time to kill on (granted, a much smaller) line once you’re inside before you can board the actual ride, but Universal does its best to keep guests entertained throughout. Upon entering the building, you’ll be given a ticket in one of the NBC peacock’s six colors. When the walls light up showing your designated color, you’ll be able to move through to the next room and eventually to the actual ride. Instead of spending time waiting behind barricades in the hot sun, you’ll be waiting within an air-conditioned space playing Tonight Show-themed games and enjoying live entertainment by the Ragtime Gals, a barbershop quartet, or posing for photos with Hashtag the Panda. Just before it’s your turn to race through New York City, you’ll view a short safety video featuring the show’s band, The Roots. Check out the video below, featuring Fallon and country music star Blake Shelton, for a closer look inside the new attraction.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Featured image courtesy of the Universal Orlando Resort.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.