This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Universal Studios Florida recently opened Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, a new 3D motion-simulator ride that takes you though the show’s history, into the studio at 30 Rockefeller Plaza and culminates in a race through the Big Apple past some of the city’s most famous landmarks.
Perhaps best of all is the fact that you won’t have to wait in long lines for this ride in the intense Florida heat. By implementing a new “Virtual Line” reservation system, guests will be able to select hour-long windows when they wish to visit the ride via app and will be able to enter the attraction immediately during that period of time. The “booking” system is available free of charge to anyone on the Universal Orlando Resort property — note that those with the Express Pass (which you can purchase for $75 or get for free as a guest of one of Universal’s on-site hotels) have the option to skip everything and head straight to the ride.
Otherwise, there’s still some time to kill on (granted, a much smaller) line once you’re inside before you can board the actual ride, but Universal does its best to keep guests entertained throughout. Upon entering the building, you’ll be given a ticket in one of the NBC peacock’s six colors. When the walls light up showing your designated color, you’ll be able to move through to the next room and eventually to the actual ride. Instead of spending time waiting behind barricades in the hot sun, you’ll be waiting within an air-conditioned space playing Tonight Show-themed games and enjoying live entertainment by the Ragtime Gals, a barbershop quartet, or posing for photos with Hashtag the Panda. Just before it’s your turn to race through New York City, you’ll view a short safety video featuring the show’s band, The Roots. Check out the video below, featuring Fallon and country music star Blake Shelton, for a closer look inside the new attraction.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Featured image courtesy of the Universal Orlando Resort.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees