JetBlue Adds Local Artisanal Ice Cream to Select Mint Routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As far as transcon flights go, JetBlue Mint is one of the best ways to fly — it also happens to be TPG’s favorite way to cross the country. It’s comfortable, spacious and affordable while the food is great and service is friendly. To sweeten the deal, JetBlue announced this week that Mint flyers will now get a larger selection of ice cream on transcon routes, featuring flavors from popular artisanal ice cream makers based in the various departure cities.
The ice cream flavors will rotate and come from popular sweet shops in the following five cities: Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and San Francisco. Here’s a breakdown of each of the cities’ rotating flavors:
- Boston: Toscannini’s has been serving ice cream in Bean Town since 1981 and will bring its signature flavors to Mint, including B3 (brown butter, brown sugar and brownie) and berry sorbet. Served on all Mint flights departing from Boston (BOS).
- Los Angeles: Coolhaus was founded in LA in 2008 and passengers departing from Los Angeles (LAX) can look forward to flavors like dirty mint and strawberry mojito sorbet.
- Miami: The Frieze has been serving South Florida ice cream for 30 years. On Mint flights departing from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL), you can expect flavors like Indian mango sorbet and banana rama ice cream.
- New York: Blue Marble has been a staple for Mint flyers since the service was first launched in 2014. Flavors offered on Mint flights departing from New York (JFK) include blueberry and blood orange sorbet.
- San Francisco: Double Rainbow was awarded the best ice cream in America by the Great American Lick-Off. Flavors offered on Mint flights departing from San Francisco (SFO) include dulce de leche and raspberry sorbet.
This is a sweet addition from JetBlue, which is helping to distance itself from the competition on these transcon routes. The fact that they’re featuring local ice cream shops from the originating city is a nice touch, too. Plus, with the product itself being called “Mint,” it’s nice to see that the carrier has its bases covered with a dirty mint flavor from Coolhaus — but it seems strange it’s leaving out a plain mint option. Who doesn’t want to enjoy mint while in Mint? Check out the video below for a closer look.
Featured image courtesy of Coolhaus’ Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.