JetBlue Adds Local Artisanal Ice Cream to Select Mint Routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As far as transcon flights go, JetBlue Mint is one of the best ways to fly — it also happens to be TPG’s favorite way to cross the country. It’s comfortable, spacious and affordable while the food is great and service is friendly. To sweeten the deal, JetBlue announced this week that Mint flyers will now get a larger selection of ice cream on transcon routes, featuring flavors from popular artisanal ice cream makers based in the various departure cities.
The ice cream flavors will rotate and come from popular sweet shops in the following five cities: Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and San Francisco. Here’s a breakdown of each of the cities’ rotating flavors:
- Boston: Toscannini’s has been serving ice cream in Bean Town since 1981 and will bring its signature flavors to Mint, including B3 (brown butter, brown sugar and brownie) and berry sorbet. Served on all Mint flights departing from Boston (BOS).
- Los Angeles: Coolhaus was founded in LA in 2008 and passengers departing from Los Angeles (LAX) can look forward to flavors like dirty mint and strawberry mojito sorbet.
- Miami: The Frieze has been serving South Florida ice cream for 30 years. On Mint flights departing from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL), you can expect flavors like Indian mango sorbet and banana rama ice cream.
- New York: Blue Marble has been a staple for Mint flyers since the service was first launched in 2014. Flavors offered on Mint flights departing from New York (JFK) include blueberry and blood orange sorbet.
- San Francisco: Double Rainbow was awarded the best ice cream in America by the Great American Lick-Off. Flavors offered on Mint flights departing from San Francisco (SFO) include dulce de leche and raspberry sorbet.
This is a sweet addition from JetBlue, which is helping to distance itself from the competition on these transcon routes. The fact that they’re featuring local ice cream shops from the originating city is a nice touch, too. Plus, with the product itself being called “Mint,” it’s nice to see that the carrier has its bases covered with a dirty mint flavor from Coolhaus — but it seems strange it’s leaving out a plain mint option. Who doesn’t want to enjoy mint while in Mint? Check out the video below for a closer look.
Featured image courtesy of Coolhaus’ Facebook page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees