Amex Offer: Get 2,000 Points for Spending $200 With AT&T Wireless
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals for American Express cardholders, like 4,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $200+ on JetBlue and 20,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000+ with Air France.
Today, a new Amex Offer popped up on a bunch of our business Amex cards, including The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: 2,000 Amex Membership Rewards points when you spend at least $200 with AT&T:
Unlike some other Amex Offers, this offer requires you to spend $200+ on a single purchase — rather than Amex aggregating multiple purchases toward the threshold. And, unfortunately, you can't trigger this bonus by buying a new phone. The terms note: "Purchases for equipment or prepaid, U-verse, web hosting, or wireless services that do not appear on your AT&T wireless bill are excluded from this offer."
Despite these terms, according to Frequent Miler, bill pre-payments have worked to trigger similar Amex Offers in the past. If your wireless bill isn't over $200, you can try to do a manual payment of $200+ to see if it works.
There's at least two versions of this offer. One offer gives you 2,000 Membership Rewards points per $200 spent. The other version is $20 back for $200 in spend. Both allow you to get the offer up to three times — allowing up to 6,000 points (or $60) for $600 spend.
How much are 2,000 Membership Reward points worth? TPG values them at 2.0 cents apiece, which means that this offer is worth about $40 — which is 20% back if you spend exactly $200. Using our tips, you might be able to get even more value out of these points.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
Not interested in this offer? Here are some travel-related Amex Offers currently available:
- Enterprise, National, or Alamo — Spend $200 or more, get $20 back
- Sixt Car Rental — Get 20% off your qualifying car rental
- Embassy Suites & Homewood Suites — Spend $225 or more, get $45 back
- Hampton by Hilton & Hilton Garden Inn — Spend $175 or more, get $35 back
- Hotels.com Gift Card — Spend $50 or more, get $10 back
- GroundLink.com On Time Car+Limo Service — Spend $150 or more, get $50 back
- The Breakers Palm Beach — Spend $500 or more, get $100 back
- JetBlue — Spend $200+, get 4,000 Membership Rewards Points
- Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa — Spend $500 or more, get $100 back
- HotelStorm.com/Amex — Spend $200 or more, get $50 back
- MGM Resorts Intl Las Vegas — Spend $300 or more, get $60 back
H/T: Frequent Miler
Featured image (from way back in 2003!) courtesy of Spencer Platt via Getty Images.
Were you targeted for this offer?